A Letter to Our Valued Partners:
Thank you for considering LeapFox Learning as your training partner. Our objective is simple, deliver superior training designed to provide you with the most relevant skills and tools available. So, how do we accomplish that?
- Vested Interest. LeapFox performs an initial consultation and assessment to determine the training method and courses that best fit your budget, skill level, and overall career objective. Training ROI is important, and it starts with understanding and expectations.
- Qualified Instructors. LeapFox employs only the most experienced and qualified instructors in the industry. Our instructors receive ongoing training, maintain certifications, and are involved in the education community. Many of our instructors are working professionals who bring to the classroom an invaluable real-world perspective.
- Proven Education Principles. Leapfox uses a blended, real-world, hands-on approach. This means we avoid long lectures or hours in front of a computer. Instead we use an active learning method that engages the student in a multi-media, dynamic learning environment.
- Relevant Content. LeapFox is on a never-ending quest to stay ahead of the tech curve. We continually improve and add to our course offerings. We stay current with the latest technology and business trends to ensure that our training is meaningful, marketable, and instantly applicable.
- Community Involvement. LeapFox works with a number of organizations and employers to ensure our courses meet the requirements of the real world as well as foster productive interaction between students and employers.
Whether you are looking to launch a new career or to add tools to your toolbelt, LeapFox Learning has the program and expertise to move you forward.
Thank you for taking the time to view our site and learn about LeapFox Learning. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please give me a call at 208-898-9036.
At LeapFox Learning, we share in your commitment to be the very best you can be.
Ken Hamacher, Managing Director
Career Counselor Resources
Here are some some resources you might find helpful when working with students who are choosing career training.
IT Career Pathways and Certifications Video
This video can be helpful in guiding your student to the best IT Career path. The video reviews the top six IT Career pathways. For each career pathway, the career opportunities, wages, and training are discussed. Use this video as your starting point when helping individuals pick an IT career to focus on.
IT Career Paths and Certification Chart
This chart is referenced in the video above. The chart identifies the six core career paths in Information Technology as well as the training and certifications available in each career. It will help give you and your student a context for understanding the various IT career training LeapFox offers. Click the image below to download a printable PDF.
Career Consultation and Proposal Process
Initial Consultation and Assessment
LeapFox offers a free career consultation for anyone considering one of our training programs. Each consultation will include a student skills assessment and discussion about what career training programs might be a fit. To set an appointment, prospective students can do one of the following:
- Call the office at 208.898.9036
- Stop by our office in Meridian
- Fill out our career consultation form
Discussion with Referring Counselor
After the initial consultation/assessment with the prospective student, our career consultant will reach out to you, the referring counselor. During this meeting, we will gather any additional information that might be useful in creating a career training proposal. This step can be skipped if needed, but it is recommended to eliminate possible wasted time on both ends.
After meeting with the student and the counselor, our education consultant will create a proposal that will be sent both to the prospective student and the counselor. Revisions to the proposal based on feedback will be made promptly.
Our blended learning solutions include two or more of the following training methods:
Classroom Live Instruction
Our Classroom Learning blends instructor lecture, demonstration, hands-on practice, and online resources to provide an interactive classroom experience to our students.
LeapFox employs the most experienced and qualified instructors in the industry to provide the best possible training. Our teachers receive ongoing training which keeps them on the top of their game.
Our Classroom Resources
The LeapFox Classroom Live experience includes instructor lecture and demonstration, followed by student practice through hands-on exercise, as well as Web-based resources used during and after class. Classroom Learning students have access to their own networked environment which enables instructors to manage hands-on lab demonstrations and exercises that mirror the professional environment.
Remote Live Instruction
Remote Live is instructor-led training delivered virtually, giving you the freedom to attend class from anywhere—at home, at the office, or at the LeapFox location. Utilizing the eLearning platform, Adobe Connect, Remote Live provides a rich, engaging, live classroom environment that allows you to easily interact with instructors and fellow students.
Attend from Anywhere
You can attend class from anywhere in the world, saving money and time on travel.
Robust Course Schedule
Delivering courses remotely allows us to offer courses on hundreds of different topics from the best instructors in the country.
On-Demand offers go-at-your-own-pace learning that has been prerecorded by best-in-class instructors. Enjoy great instruction on your time and save money on the training budget.
On-demand courses are often times 50% or less than the cost of our live courses.
Learn At Your Own Pace
On-Demand courses allow students to determine the pace of the course. Pause, rewind, and replay any part of the course. Because the videos are available 24×7, you can fit the instruction in around your schedule.
Gain hands-on experience with live labs. Our labs are available for the duration of your on-demand course. Our labs are one of the key differences between a Youtube-style video and on-demand courses from LeapFox. Each course will have hours of live labs which allows you to learn by doing!
High-Definition, High-Quality Instruction
Stream HD instructional videos on any device. Instructors for our on-demand courses have been hand-selected, so your learning experience is top-shelf.
Learning Lab and Mentor Lab
One of the key components of our learning tracks is our Learning Labs and Mentor Labs. Our blended learning solutions typically involve one or both.
Students attend the Learning Lab to reinforce principals taught in class. This is a self-guided and self-paced environment. Students are given the tools and materials to study but are not required to attend or held accountable to a mentor. Class size varies from 1-12 students. Our learning lab is the perfect opportunity for students to review, explore, practice, create, and master the material they learned in class.
Students attend Mentor Lab sessions at LeapFox Learning with a live, in-the same-room mentor. Students are given daily assignments that review curriculum, extend topics, and prepare for exams. Mentor lab class sizes are small and have a max of four students. Students are given daily assignments and held accountable to the mentor. The mentor will administer practice tests and help gauge student’s readiness to take the actual certification exam. Students will be assigned a day and time with a subject matter expert. Generally students will be scheduled two 3-hour sessions per week.
Funding and Agencies
We Work With a Variety of Private and Government Funding Programs
- WIOA: Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federally funded program that establishes the Workforce Development System and provides funding to support training and employment services for adults, dislocated workers, and low-income, out-of-school youth.
- TAA: Trade Act. The Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program is a federal program established under the Trade Act of 1974 that provides aid to workers who lose their jobs or whose hours of work and wages are reduced as a result of increased imports.
- Post 9-11 GI Bill. The Post 9/11 GI Bill, also known as the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 made changes to the previous version of the GI Bill which provided educational benefits to active duty military members and veterans.
Training Partner With the Following Agencies
- Idaho Department of Labor
- Veterans Affairs
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Idaho Industrial Commission
- Deseret Industries
LeapFox currently trains employees at all levels of business, government, and military.