Training for Your Group
This course is an introduction to Microsoft Office 365 with Skype for Business in a cloud-based environment. It can be used as an orientation to the full suite of Office 365 cloud-based tools, or the Skype for Business lessons can be presented separately in a seminar-length presentation with the remaining material available for student reference.
Course Length: 1 Day
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, you will need competence in at least one of the primary application in the 2010 or 2013 edition of the MS Office suite, and competence in using the locally installed version of MS Outlook 2010 or 2013 for email and calendaring. To meet these prerequisites you can take any one or more of the following courses:
Audience: This course is intended for business users and knowledge workers in a variety of roles and fields who have competence in a desktop-based installation of the Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 edition of the Microsoft Office productivity suite, and who are now extending Microsoft Office to a collaborative cloud-based Office 365 environment.
What You're Going To Learn
In this course, you will build upon your knowledge of the MS Office desktop application suite to work productively in the cloud-based MS Office 365 environment. You will:
- Sign in, navigate and identify components of the Office 365 environment
- Create, edit, and share documents with team members using Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online, and MS SharePoint
- Collaborate and work with colleagues using the Team, Planner, and Yammer apps
- Use email and manage contacts with Outlook on the web.
- Use instant messaging with Skype for Business.
- Conduct online meetings with Skype for Business.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Lesson 1: Getting Started
- Sign In to Office 365
- Navigate the Office 365 Environment
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Shared Files
- Work with Shared Documents in SharePoint
- Edit Documents in Office Online
- Collaborate on the SharePoint Site
- Work with OneDrive for Business and Delve
Lesson 3: Using Productivity Apps
- Work with Productivity Apps in Combination
- Broadcast Messages with Yammer
- Collaborate with the Teams App
- Manage Tasks with the Planner App
Lesson 4: Using Outlook on the Web
- Send and Receive Email
- Manage Contacts
- Schedule Appointments
- Personalize Outlook on the Web
Lesson 5: Communicating with Skype for Business
- Overview of Skype for Business
- Use Instant Messaging
- Make Voice and Video Calls
Lesson 6: Using Skype for Business Meetings
- Initiate Meetings
- Use Meeting Controls and Options
- Customize Skype for Business