Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
This three-day Managing SQL Business Intelligence Operations training class is aimed at database professionals who manage Business Intelligence (BI) operations. This course looks at various options that provide the ability of business users to analyze data and share their findings, starting with managed BI data sources and expanding to personal and external/public data sources.
Course Length: 3 days
Audience: Business intelligence professionals. Technically proficient business users.
Prerequisites: Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2008. Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 operating system and networking. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
What You're Going To Learn
- Learn to describe key features of a self-service BI solution.
- Learn to describe the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment.
- Learn to describe common Analysis Services operational tasks.
- Learn to describe PowerPivot for SharePoint server.
- Learn to describe Power Query.
- Learn to describe Windows Azure HDInsight.
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server BI Sulution
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations of self-service BI
- Microsoft touls for self-service BI
- Lab: Exploring an enterprise BI sulution
SQL Server BI Features with Microsoft SharePoint
- Capabilities of Power BI with SharePoint
- SharePoint with analysis services
- SharePoint with reporting services
- Deploying SQL server BI in a SharePoint environment
- Lab: Design a SQL Server BI infrastructure
Operating Analysis Services
- Configuring an analysis services server
- Tuning an analysis services server
- Analysis services security
- Analysis services high availability and disaster recovery
- Lab: Configuring analysis services
Supporting Analysis Services
- Testing analysis services cubes
- Tuning analysis services
- Maintaining analysis services
- Lab: Supporting Analysis Services
Operate and Support Reporting services
- Installing a native mode report server
- Installing reporting services with SharePoint
- Reporting services with Microsoft Azure virtual machines
- Reporting services errors
- Lab: Installing reporting services
Share PowerPivot Workbooks in SharePoint Server
- PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Install and configure PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Lab: Install PowerPivot for SharePoint
Operate and Support Power BI
- Power BI desktop
- Mobile Power BI
- Lab: Using Power BI