Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
This Analyzing Data with SQL Server Reporting Services training class teaches students how to implement a SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services solution for data analysis in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create and manage reports and implement self-service BI solutions.
Course Length: 5 days
- Database professionals who need to fulfill a BI developer role to create reports
- Power information workers
- In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the following course: 20761A: Querying Data with Transact-SQL.
What You're Going To Learn
- Learn to describe key features of data modeling within business intelligence.
- Learn to describe various report services data sources and how these are configured.
- Learn to create reports with report designer and/or report designer.
- Learn to configure reports with report designer and/or report builder.
- Learn to create SQL Server mobile reports.
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
- Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Introduction to business intelligence
- The Microsoft business intelligence platform
- Introduction to reporting services
- Lab: Exploring an enterprise BI solution
- Reporting Services Data
- Data sources
- Connection strings
- Filters and parameters
- Lab: Configuring a data connection
- Implementing Reports
- Create reports with report designer or report builder
- Creating a report with the report wizard
- Creating a report
- Showing data graphically in a report
- Lab: Creating a report
- Configuring Reports
- Implementing filters and parameters
- Implementing sorting and grouping
- Publishing a report
- Lab: Create and Publish reports that include parameters
- Creating Mobile Reports
- Overview of SQL Server mobile reports
- Preparing data for mobile reports
- SQL Server Mobile report publisher
- Lab : Working with mobile reports