Training for your Group
This five-day Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 training class teaches database and business intelligence (BI) professionals how to plan and design a BI solution that is based on Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft BI technologies
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: BI professionals with experience of implementing solutions with SQL Server database Engine, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services
Prerequisites: Knowledge of data warehousing and data modeling principles. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, MOC 20463, MOC 20466
What You're Going To Learn
- Learn to plan a BI solution.
- Learn to plan SQL Server BI infrastructure.
- Learn to design a data warehouse.
- Learn to design an extract, transform and load (ETL) solution.
- Learn to design analytical data models.
- Learn to plan a BI delivery solution.
- Learn to design a Reporting Services solution.
- Learn to design a Microsoft Excel-based reporting solution.
- Learn to plan a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Learn to monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Learn to operate a BI solution.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Planning a BI Solution
- Elements of a BI Solution
- Planning a BI Project
- The Microsoft BI Platform
- Lab: Planning BI Solutions
Planning SQL Server Business Intelligence Infrastructure
- Considerations of BI Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
- Lab: Planning BI Infrastructure
Designing a Data Warehouse
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Design FACT tables
- Lab: Designing a Data Warehouse Logical Schema
Designing an ETL solution
- ETL Overview
- Planning for Data Extraction
- Planning for Data Transformations
- Planning for Data Loading
- Lab: Designing an ETL Solution
Designing Analytical Data Models
- Introduction to Analytical data Models
- Designing Analytical Data Models
- Lab: Designing Analytical Data Model
- Lab: Designing Dimensions and Hierarchies
Planning a BI Delivery Solution
- Considerations for BI delivery
- Common Reporting Scenarios
- Choosing a Reporting Tool
- Lab: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
Designing a Reporting Services Solution
- Planning a Reporting Solution
- Designing Reports
- Planning Report Consistency
- Lab: Designing a Reporting Services Solution
Designing an Excel Based reporting Solution
- Using Excel for Data Reporting and Analysis
- PowerPivot in Excel
- Power View in Excel
- Lab: Designing and Excel Reporting Solution
Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
- Lab: Implementing a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Lab: Implementing PerformancePoint Services
Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Analyzing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
- Lab: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
Operating a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Operations
- ETL Operations
- Data Warehouse Operations
- Analysis Services Operations
- Reporting Services Operations
- Lab: Operating a BI Solution