Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
This five-day Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure training class provides students who administer and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL server database infrastructure. Additional it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: Individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. Individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. Working knowledge of Transact-SQL. Working knowledge of relational databases. Some experience with database design.
What You're Going To Learn
- Learn to authenticate and authorize users.
- Learn to assign server and database roles.
- Learn to authorize users to access resources.
- Learn to protect data with encryption and auditing.
- Learn to describe recovery models and backup strategies.
- Learn to backup SQL Server databases.
- Learn to restore SQL Server databases.
- Learn to automate database management.
- Learn to configure security for the SQL Server agent.
- Learn to manage alerts and notifications.
- Learn to managing SQL Server using PowerShell.
- Learn to trace access to SQL Server.
- Learn to monitor a SQL Server infrastructure.
- Learn to troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure.
- Learn to import and export data.
Register for an Upcoming Date
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- Authenticating connections to SQL Server
- Authorizing logins to access databases
- Authorization across servers
- Partially contained databases
- Lab: Authenticating Users
Assigning Server and Database Rules
- Working with server rules
- Working with Fixed database rules
- Creating user-defined database rules
- Lab: Assigning server and database rules
Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Authorizing user access to objects
- Authorizing users to execute code
- Configuring permissions at the schema level
- Lab: Authorizing users to access resources
Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
- Options for auditing data access in SQL Server
- Implementing SQL Server audit
- Managing SQL Server audit
- Protecting data with encryption
- Lab: Using Auditing and Encryption
SQL Server Recovery Models
- Backup strategies
- Understanding SQL Server transaction login
- Planning a SQL Server backup strategy
- Lab: Understanding SQL Server recovery models
Backup of SQL Server Databases
- Backing up databases and transaction logs
- Managing database backups
- Working with backup options
- Lab: Backing up SQL Server databases
Restoring SQL Server Databases
- Understanding the restore process
- Restoring databases
- Working with point-in-time recovery
- Restoring system databases and individual files
- Lab: Restoring SQL Server User Databases
Automating SQL Server Management
- Automating SQL Server management
- Working with SQL Server agent
- Managing SQL Server agent jobs
- Multi-server management
- Lab: Automating SQL Server Management
Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Understanding SQL Server Agent Security
- Configuring credentials
- Configuring proxy accounts
- Lab: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
- Configuration of database mail
- Monitoring SQL Server errors
- Configuring operators, alerts, and notifications
- Alerts in Azure SQL database
- Lab: Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
- Configure SQL Server using PowerShell
- Administer SQL Server using PowerShell
- Maintain the SQL Server environment using PowerShell
- Managing Azure SQL Server databases using PowerShell
- Lab: Administering SQL Server using PowerShell
Tracing Access to SQL Server
- Capturing activity using SQL Server profiler
- Improving performance with the database engine tuning advisor
- Working with tracing options
- Distributed replay
- Monitoring locks
- Lab: Tracing Access to SQL Server
Monitoring SQL Server
- Monitoring activity
- Capturing and managing performance data
- Analyzing cullected performance data
- SQL Server utility
- Lab: Monitoring SQL Server
Troubleshooting SQL Server
- SQL Server troubleshooting methodulogy
- Resulving service related issues
- Resulving login and connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting common issues
- Lab: Troubleshooting Common Issues
Importing and Exporting Data
- Transferring data to/from SQL Server
- Importing and exporting table data
- Using BCP and BULK INSERT to import data
- Deploying and upgrading data-tier applications
- Lab: Importing and Exporting Data