Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
This five-day Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure training class provides students who administer and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL server database infrastructure. Additional it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: Individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. Individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. Working knowledge of Transact-SQL. Working knowledge of relational databases. Some experience with database design.
What You're Going To Learn
- Learn to authenticate and authorize users.
- Learn to assign server and database roles.
- Learn to authorize users to access resources.
- Learn to protect data with encryption and auditing.
- Learn to describe recovery models and backup strategies.
- Learn to backup SQL Server databases.
- Learn to restore SQL Server databases.
- Learn to automate database management.
- Learn to configure security for the SQL Server agent.
- Learn to manage alerts and notifications.
- Learn to managing SQL Server using PowerShell.
- Learn to trace access to SQL Server.
- Learn to monitor a SQL Server infrastructure.
- Learn to troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure.
- Learn to import and export data.
Register for an Upcoming Date
|Sep 23, 2019||Remote LIVE||$2,975.00||Register|
|Oct 14, 2019||Remote LIVE||$2,975.00||Register|
|Nov 4, 2019||Remote LIVE||$2,975.00||Register|
|Nov 11, 2019||Remote LIVE||$2,975.00||Register|
|Nov 18, 2019||Remote LIVE||$2,975.00||Register|
|Dec 9, 2019||Remote LIVE||$2,975.00||Register|
|Dec 16, 2019||Remote LIVE||$2,975.00||Register|
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- Authenticating connections to SQL Server
- Authorizing logins to access databases
- Authorization across servers
- Partially contained databases
- Lab: Authenticating Users
Assigning Server and Database Rules
- Working with server rules
- Working with Fixed database rules
- Creating user-defined database rules
- Lab: Assigning server and database rules
Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Authorizing user access to objects
- Authorizing users to execute code
- Configuring permissions at the schema level
- Lab: Authorizing users to access resources
Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
- Options for auditing data access in SQL Server
- Implementing SQL Server audit
- Managing SQL Server audit
- Protecting data with encryption
- Lab: Using Auditing and Encryption
SQL Server Recovery Models
- Backup strategies
- Understanding SQL Server transaction login
- Planning a SQL Server backup strategy
- Lab: Understanding SQL Server recovery models
Backup of SQL Server Databases
- Backing up databases and transaction logs
- Managing database backups
- Working with backup options
- Lab: Backing up SQL Server databases
Restoring SQL Server Databases
- Understanding the restore process
- Restoring databases
- Working with point-in-time recovery
- Restoring system databases and individual files
- Lab: Restoring SQL Server User Databases
Automating SQL Server Management
- Automating SQL Server management
- Working with SQL Server agent
- Managing SQL Server agent jobs
- Multi-server management
- Lab: Automating SQL Server Management
Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Understanding SQL Server Agent Security
- Configuring credentials
- Configuring proxy accounts
- Lab: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
- Configuration of database mail
- Monitoring SQL Server errors
- Configuring operators, alerts, and notifications
- Alerts in Azure SQL database
- Lab: Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
- Configure SQL Server using PowerShell
- Administer SQL Server using PowerShell
- Maintain the SQL Server environment using PowerShell
- Managing Azure SQL Server databases using PowerShell
- Lab: Administering SQL Server using PowerShell
Tracing Access to SQL Server
- Capturing activity using SQL Server profiler
- Improving performance with the database engine tuning advisor
- Working with tracing options
- Distributed replay
- Monitoring locks
- Lab: Tracing Access to SQL Server
Monitoring SQL Server
- Monitoring activity
- Capturing and managing performance data
- Analyzing cullected performance data
- SQL Server utility
- Lab: Monitoring SQL Server
Troubleshooting SQL Server
- SQL Server troubleshooting methodulogy
- Resulving service related issues
- Resulving login and connectivity issues
- Troubleshooting common issues
- Lab: Troubleshooting Common Issues
Importing and Exporting Data
- Transferring data to/from SQL Server
- Importing and exporting table data
- Using BCP and BULK INSERT to import data
- Deploying and upgrading data-tier applications
- Lab: Importing and Exporting Data