Training for your Group
In this course, students will continue their learning on the foundations of report writing with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Builder and SSRS
Course Length: 2 days
Audience: Persons who are new to reporting with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Builder and SSRS, persons who are transitioning from another reporting software application, and persons who are existing Report Builder and SSRS report authors
Prerequisites: Access 2013 Part 1, familiarity with Windows, creating and navigating folders, opening programs, manipulating windows, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, saving files
What You're Going To Learn
- Navigate the Report Builder Environment.
- Create table reports.
- Format reports.
- Create basic and complex expressions.
- Group report data.
- Create matrix reports.
- Sort and filter data.
- Summarize data with charts.
- Print and export reports.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Lesson 1: Exploring the Report Builder Environment
- Introducing the Report Builder Environment
- Working with Existing Reports
- Lab 1: Exploring the Report Builder Application
Lesson 2: Adding Data to Table Reports
- Create Report Data Sources
- Create Report Datasets
- Work with the Tablix Data Region
- Create a Table Report
- Lab 1: Creating Table Reports
Lesson 3: Formatting Data and Creating Expressions in Reports
- Formatting Reports
- Sorting and Filtering Report Data
- Adding Data to a Dataset
- Creating Simple Expressions
- Creating Complex Expressions
- Lab 1: Formatting Reports
Lesson 4: Grouping Report Data
- Group Data in Reports
- Group Data Using an Expression
- Creating Subgroups and Group Aggregates
- Lab 1: Creating Reports with Groups and Aggregates
Lesson 5: Matrix Reports
- Creating and Modifying Matrix Data Regions
- Creating and Modifying Column Groups
- Lab 1: Creating Matrix Reports
Lesson 6: Charts
- Create and Modify Chart Wizard Reports
- Add Charts to Existing Reports
- Modify Charts in Reports
- Lab 1: Creating Charts and Chart Reports
Lesson 7: Printing and Exporting Reports
- Print Features and Print Options
- Export Reports
- Lab 1: Printing and Exporting Reports