Training for your Group
This Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud training class describes how to monitor and operate a cloud with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2. This course focuses on how to manage and administer a cloud environment, and it describes how you can monitor key infrastructure elements and applications that run within a cloud
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: Cloud administrators who are responsible for monitoring and protecting the cloud infrastructure. It is also intended for solution architects who are responsible for designing cloud architectures and extending existing cloud solutions. The primary audience for this course is administrators who create service requests. The secondary audience includes datacenter administrators–who are responsible for providing provisioning for applications to include configuring and deploying–application/service business owners, and administrators who implement service requests.
Prerequisites: Windows Server 2012 experience. Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) knowledge. Networking experience. Working knowledge of previous versions of System Center products. Knowledge of configuration of Microsoft SharePoint. Hyper-V knowledge. Microsoft Windows Azure. Knowledge of cloud and data center management processes. Storage Area Network (SAN) Knowledge.
What You're Going To Learn
- Learn to describe the Cloud Model.
- Learn to configure and optimize a private cloud.
- Learn to deploy Cloud Services.
- Learn to monitor Cloud Services.
- Learn to configure application performance monitoring in a cloud environment.
- Learn to operate and extend service management in in a cloud environment.
- Learn to automate incident creation, remediation, and change requests in a cloud environment.
- Learn to perform problem management in a cloud environment.
- Learn to automate Self-Service Provisioning in a cloud environment.
- Learn to operate a self-service multi-tenant cloud.
- Learn to cloud high availability, protection and recovery in a cloud environment.
- Learn to optimize the cloud infrastructure.
- Learn to configure SLAs, dashboards, and widgets in a cloud environment.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Introduction to the Cloud Model
- Overview of the Cloud Computing Model
- Requirements for a Private Cloud
- Requirements for a Public or Hybrid Cloud
- Operating a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure with System Center
- Maintaining the Health of a Cloud
- Integrating System Center Components
- Lab : Verifying the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Verify the Infrastructure
- Verifying System Center Components
Configuring a Private Cloud Environment
- Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Managing the Virtual Environment with Virtual Machine Manager
- Creating Clouds
- Lab : Configuring and Optimizing a Microsoft Private Cloud
- Configuring Network Resources
- Creating a Cloud
- Create a VM Network using Software Defined Networks Isolation
- Creating the Contoso Cloud Tenant for StockTrader Production
Deploying Cloud Services
- Overview of Service Templates
- VMM Profiles
- Web Deploy Packages
- Overview of Server App-V
- Data-Tier Application Packages
- Deploying Services through App Controller
- Lab : Importing and Deploying the StockTrader Application
- Deploying a Single Tier Service
- Configuring Prerequisites
- Preparing the StockTrader Service Template
- Deploying the Service Template
Monitoring Cloud Based Applications
- Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Agent Deployment in Operations Manager
- Configuring Custom Monitoring
- Monitoring the Network Infrastructure
- Monitoring Distributed Applications
- Lab : Monitoring Private Cloud Services
- Deploying an Agent
- Configuring Custom Monitoring
- Creating a Distributed Application Model
- Detecting and Recovering From a Failure
Configuring Application Performance Monitoring
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Advanced Monitoring in APM
- Viewing Application Performance Data in Operations Manager
- Lab : Configuring Application Performance Monitoring
- Configuring Basic Monitoring in Application Performance Monitoring
- Customizing the Performance Thresholds
- Validating Monitoring
- Creating a Distributed Application Model for the DinnerNow Application
Operating and Extending Service Management in the Private Cloud
- Overview of Service Manager
- Configuring Security and User Roles
- Configuring Work Items
- Configuring Incident Queues
- Configuring Service Offerings for a Cloud
- Lab : Operating and Extending Service Management in a Cloud
- Configuring Security Roles
- Configuring Notifications
- Publish an Incident Service Offering
- Raising an Incident
- Creating a Change Request
- Creating a Release Record
Automating Incident Creation, Remediation, and Change Requests
- Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator
- Integrating Orchestrator with Operations Manager and Service Manager
- Lab : Automating Incident Creation, Remediation and Change Requests
- Configuring the Incident Template
- Configuring Incidents that affect the StockTrader Service
- Automatic Incident remediation and Change Requests
Problem Management in the Private Cloud
- Overview of Problem Management
- Creating Custom Rules
- Lab : Automating Problem Management in the Private Cloud
- Manually Creating a Problem Record
- Creating a Custom Event Rule in Operations Manager
- Configuring Automated Problem Record Creation
Automating Self-Service Provisioning
- Installing and Configuring the System Center Cloud Services Process Pack
- Cloud Services Configuration Items
- Cloud Services Request Items
- Lab : Automating Self-Service Provisioning
- Completing the Prerequisites for the System Center Cloud Services Process Pack
- Installing the System Center Cloud Services Process Pack
- Configuring the System Center Cloud Services Process Pack
- Deploying a Virtual Machine for StockTrader by Using the Cloud Services Process Pack
Operating a Self-Service, Multi-tenant Cloud with Windows Azure Pack
- Windows Azure Pack Key Concepts
- Administer Windows Azure Pack
- Windows Azure Pack Providers
- After completing this module students will be able to:
- Describe the core components, key features, architecture and security features of Windows Azure Pack.
- Describe the Windows Azure Pack concepts.
- Provision and Configure services in the Windows Azure Pack.
High Availability, Protection, and Recovery for the Cloud
- High Availability for a Cloud
- Protecting Data in the Private Cloud
- Recovering Data in the Private Cloud
- Lab : Cloud Protection and Recovery
- Configuring Manual Protection and Recovery of Key Service Data
- Configuring Automatic Protection and Recovery of Key Service Data
- Monitoring Protection Status
Optimizing Your Cloud Infrastructure
- Using Virtual Machine Manager to Keep the Cloud infrastructure Up-To-Date
- Using Configuration Manager to Keep Virtual Machines Up-To-Date
- Using System Center Advisor to Optimize Cloud infrastructure
- Using Pro-Tips to Optimize Cloud infrastructure
- Lab : Optimizing Your Cloud Infrastructure
- Configuring Update Baselines
- Configuring Pro-Tips
Configuring SLAs, Dashboards, and Widgets
- Service Level Tracking
- Configuring and Deploying Widgets and Dashboards
- Publishing Real-Time State with Microsoft Visio Snap-in
- System Center Analytics
- Using Excel and SSRS to View Data
- Configuring Service Reporting
- Lab : Configuring SLAs, Dashboards, and Widgets
- Configuring Service Level Tracking
- Configuring Service Level Management for a cloud
- Configuring Microsoft Excel Analytics