Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
Course Length: 5 days
Description: This course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a corporate Windows Server domain environment. The skills that this course details include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, and configure local and remote network connectivity and storage. Students also will learn how to configure security for data, devices, and networks, and maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
Audience: This course is for information technology (IT) professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. Students who seek certification in the 70-697 Windows 10 Configuring exam also will benefit from this course. Additionally, this course builds skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians who provide Tier 2 support to users who are running Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium-sized and larger organizations.
Prerequisites: Before attending this course, students must have:
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and DNS.
- Knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles, and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Understanding of certificate-based security.
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals.
- Understanding of Windows client operating system essentials, such as a working knowledge of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
What You're Going To Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the important new features of Windows 10.
- Install Windows 10.
- Configure a device that is running Windows 10.
- Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device.
- Manage storage in Windows 10.
- Manage folders and printers.
- Manage apps.
- Manage data security.
- Manage device security.
- Implement Windows 10 features to improve network security.
- Restore files, roll back drivers, and recover Windows 10 devices.
- Monitor and update Windows 10 devices.
Register for an Upcoming Date
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
1 – Overview of Windows 10
- Introducing Windows 10
- Navigating the User Interface
- Lab: Navigating and Customizing the User Interface
2 – Installing Windows 10
- Preparing to Install Windows 10
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Lab : Installing Windows 10
3 – Configuring Your Device
- Overview of Tools Used to Configure Windows 10
- Common Configuration Options
- Managing User Accounts
- Using OneDrive
- Lab : Configuring Windows 10
- Lab : Synchronizing Settings with OneDrive
4 – Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring IP Network Connectivity
- Implementing Name Resolution
- Implementing Wireless Network Connectivity
- Overview of Remote Access
- Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
5 – Managing Storage
- Overview of Storage Options
- Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
- Maintaining Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
- Lab : Managing Storage
6 – Managing Files & Printers
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Work Folders
- Managing Printers
- Lab : Creating, Securing, and Sharing a Folder
- Lab : Enabling Work Folders
- Lab : Installing and Sharing a Printer
7 – Managing Apps in Windows 10
- Overview of Methods Used to Provide Apps to Users
- The Windows Store
- Web Browsers
- Lab : Installing and Updating Apps from the Windows Store
- Lab : Configuring Windows 10 Web Browsers
8 – Managing Data Security
- Overview of Data-Related Security Threats
- Securing Data with EFS
- Implementing and Managing BitLocker
- Lab : Managing Data Security
9 – Managing Device Security
- Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
- Configuring User Account Control
- Lab : Managing Device Security
10 – Managing Network Security
- Overview of Network-Related Security Threats
- Windows Firewall
- Connection Security Rules
- Windows Defender
- Lab : Managing Network Security
11 – Maintaining Windows 10
- Updating Windows 10
- Monitoring Windows 10
- Optimizing Performance
- Lab : Maintaining Windows 10
12 – Troubleshooting & Recovery
- Managing Devices and Drivers
- Recovering Files
- Recovering Devices
- Lab : Troubleshooting and Recovery