Training for your Group
Course Length: 3 days
Description: This course provides administrators with the knowledge and skills necessary to deploy and manage Windows 10 desktops, devices, and applications in an enterprise environment. Students will learn how to plan and implement Windows 10 deployments in large organizations. Students will also learn how to manage the Windows 10 installations after deployment to provide secure identity and data access by using technologies related to User Experience Virtualization (UE-V), Group Policy, Work Folders and Client Hyper-V. To support a variety of device and data management solutions, Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Store for Business and Office 365 are used for device management. These services are part of the Enterprise Mobility+ Security, which provides identity and access management, cloud-based device management, application and update management, and more secure data access to information stored both on the cloud and onsite within your corporate network.
Audience: This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 10 desktop and application deployments and in managing the cloud-based application and data service environments for medium-to-large enterprise organizations. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the internet and cloud services.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Azure AD principles
- Windows Server 2016 fundamentals
- The Windows client operating system essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows 10 and/or Windows 8.1
What You're Going To Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Manage PCs and devices in an enterprise environment.
- Deploy Windows 10 enterprise desktops.
- Manage Windows 10 sign-in and identity.
- Manage user profiles and User Experience Virtualization.
- Manage desktop and application settings by using Group Policy.
- Manage devices in Office 365.
- Manage PCs and devices by using Intune.
- Configure and using Microsoft Store for Business.
- Deploy apps and manage information access by using Intune.
- Manage data access for Windows-based devices.
- Configure and manage Client Hyper-V.
Register for an Upcoming Date
1 – Managing Desktops and Devices in an Enterprise Environment
- Managing Windows 10 in the Enterprise
- Managing a Mobile Workforce
- Supporting Devices in the Enterprise
- Extending IT Management and Services to the Cloud
- Lab : Planning for Windows 10 and Device Management in the Enterprise
2 – Deploying Windows 10 Enterprise Desktops
- Overview of Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment
- Customizing Enterprise Desktop Deployments
- Deploying Windows 10 by Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Maintaining a Windows 10 Installation
- Managing Volume License Activation for Windows 10
- Lab : Building a Reference Image by Using WADK Tools
- Lab : Using MDT to Deploy Windows 10 Desktops
- Lab : Maintaining a Windows 10 Installation using Windows ICD
3 – Managing User Profiles and User State Virtualization
- Managing User Profile and User State
- Implementing User State Virtualization by Using Group Policy
- Configuring User Experience Virtualization
- Managing User State Migration
- Lab : Configuring User Profiles and User State Virtualization
- Lab : Migrating User State by Using USMT
4 – Managing Windows 10 Sign-In and Identity
- Overview of Enterprise Identity
- Planning for Cloud Identity Integration
- Lab : Integrating a Microsoft Account with a Domain Account
- Lab : Joining Windows 10 to Azure Active Directory
5 – Managing Desktop and Application Settings by Using Group Policy
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Configuring Enterprise Desktops Using Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy Preferences
- Lab : Configuring Group Policy Objects and Settings
- Lab : Using Group Policy Preferences to Manage Desktop Settings
6 – Managing Data Access for Windows-based Devices
- Overview of Data Access Solutions
- Implementing Device Registration
- Implementing Work Folders
- Managing Online Data Using Cloud-Based Storage Solutions
- Lab : Configuring Data Access for Non-Domain Joined Devices
- Lab : Managing Data Access Using OneDrive
7 – Managing Remote Access Solutions
- Overview of Remote Access Solutions
- Configuring VPN Access to Remote Networks
- Using DirectAccess with Windows 10
- Supporting RemoteApp
- Lab : Implementing DirectAccess
- Lab : Configuring Azure RemoteApp
8 – Configuring and Managing Client Hyper-V
- Installing and Configuring Client Hyper-V
- Configuring Virtual Switches
- Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines
- Lab : Configuring Virtual Machines by Using Client Hyper-V
9 – Managing Windows 10 Devices Using Enterprise Mobility Solutions
- Overview of the Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium
- Overview of Azure Rights Management
- Overview of Microsoft Intune
- Lab : Implementing a Microsoft Intune Subscription
10 – Managing Desktop and Mobile Clients Using Microsoft Intune
- Deploying the Intune Client Software
- Overview of Microsoft Intune Policies
- Mobile Device Management Using Intune
- Lab : Installing the Intune Client Software and Configuring Policies
- Lab : Managing Mobile Devices Using Microsoft Intune
11 – Managing Updates and Endpoint Protection Using Microsoft Intune
- Managing Updates Using Microsoft Intune
- Managing Endpoint Protection
- Lab : Managing Updates and Endpoint Protection Using Microsoft Intune
12 – Application and Resource Access Using Microsoft Intune
- Overview of Application Management Using Intune
- The Application Deployment Process
- Controlling Access to Company Resources
- Lab : Deploying Applications by Using Microsoft Intune
- Lab : Managing Resource Access by Using Microsoft Intune