Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
Course Length: 5 days
Description: This course provides IT professionals with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops in a Windows Server small to medium-sized AD DS domain environment. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, configure local and remote network connectivity, and configure local and online storage. Students also will learn how to configure security in addition to how to maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
Audience: This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops and devices in small to medium-sized networks.
The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as AD DS domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Students who seek certification in exam 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10 also will benefit from this course. In addition, this course is intended to provide skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who work in small to medium-sized organizations, and who provide Tier 1 or Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and DNS.
- AD DS principles.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016 fundamentals.
- Windows Client essentials, such as a working knowledge of Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.
What You're Going To Learn
- Plan, install, and upgrade to Windows 10.
- Perform post-installation configuration.
- Implement networking.
- Implement network security.
- Manage Windows 10 with Group Policy.
- Implement remote management.
- Manage local storage.
- Manage files and resources.
- Install and manage apps.
- Secure Windows 10.
- Implement remote connectivity.
- Maintain and update Windows 10.
- Recover and troubleshoot Windows 10.
Register for an Upcoming Date
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
1 – Installing Windows 10
- Overview of Windows 10
- Planning your Windows 10 deployment
- Installing and deploying Windows 10
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Windows 10 installation maintenance
- Managing volume activation
- Lab : Upgrading to Windows 10
- Migrating user settings
- Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (optional)
- Lab : Maintaining a Windows 10 installation with Windows ICD
- Create and configure a Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (Windows ICD) provisioning package
2 – Performing post-installation configuration
- Overview of management tools
- Customizing the user interface
- Managing devices, device drivers, and services
- Configuring features, mobility, and power options
- Overview of Client Hyper-V
- Lab : Managing devices
- Install a device driver
- Resolving the device driver problem
- Lab : Configuring features and power options
- Turning on Windows features with Control Panel
- Managing installed Windows features
- Configuring power options