Training for Your Group
This course aims at enabling learners to study and configure Cisco IOS Software IP version 6 (IPv6) features. The course is a technology course covering IPv6 design and implementation topics.
Course Length: 3 Days
Audience: This course is intended for Cisco Partner Sales Engineers and Field engineers supporting customers with 802.1x solutions. The primary audience for this course is Cisco Channel Partner SEs and FEs that are seeking to meet the education requirements to attain ATP authorization to sell Cisco ISE. The secondary audience for this course is security architects, design engineers, and others seeking hands-on experience with Cisco TrustSec 802.1X deployments with Cisco ISE
Prerequisites: Familiarity with Cisco technologies
What You're Going To Learn
- Describe the factors that led to the development of IPv6, and the possible usages of this new IP structure.
- Explore the structure of the IPv6, and the possible usages of this new IP structure how IPv6 interacts with link-layer technologies, and how IPv6 is supporting in Cisco IOS software.
- Describe the nature of changes to DNS and DHCP to support IPv6, and how networks can be renumbered using both services.
- Understand multicast concepts and IPv6 multicast specifics.
- Describe IPv6 transition mechanisms and which methods will be most effective in your network.
- Examine security issues, how security for IPv6 is different than for IPv4, and emerging practices for IPv6 enabled networks.
- Describe the standard bodies that define IPv6 address allocation, as well as one of the leading IPv6 deployment issues, multihoming.
- Describe the deployment strategies service providers are facing when deploying IPv6.
- Explore case studies for enterprise, service provider, branch, and access networks.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Call for current schedule
1 – Introduction to IPv6
- Explaining the Rationale for IPv6
- Evaluating IPv6 Features and Benefits
- Understanding Market Drivers
2 – IPv6 Operations
- Understanding the IPv6 Addressing Architecture
- Describing the IPv6 Header Format
- Enabling IPv6 on Hosts
- Enabling IPv6 on Cisco Routers
- Using ICMPv6 and Neighbor Discovery
- Troubleshooting IPv6
3 – IPv6 Services
- IPv6 Mobility
- Describing DNS in an IPv6 Environment
- Understanding DHCPv6 Operations
- Understanding QoS Support in an IPv6 Environment
4 – IPv6-Enabled Routing Protocols
- Routing with RIPng
- Examining OSPFv3
- Examining Integrated IS-IS
- Examining EIGRP for IPv6
- Understanding MP-BGP
- Configuring IPv6 Policy-Based Routing
- Configuring FHRP for IPv6
- Configuring Route Redistribution
5 – IPv6 Multicast Services
- Implementing Multicast in an IPv6 Network
- Using IPv6 MLD
6 – IPv6 Transition Mechanisms
- Implementing Dual-Stack
- Describing IPv6 Tunneling Mechanisms
7 – IPv6 Security
- Configuring IPv6 ACLs
- Using IPsec, IKE, and VPNs
- Discussing Security Issues in an IPv6 Transition Environment
- Understanding IPv6 Security Practices
- Configuring Cisco IOS Firewall for IPv6
8 – Deploying IPv6
- Examining IPv6 Address Allocation
- Understanding the IPv6 Multihoming Issue
- Identifying IPv6 Enterprise Deployment Strategies
9 – IPv6 and Service Providers
- Identifying IPv6 Service Provider Deployment
- Understanding Support for IPv6 in MPLS
- Understanding 6VPE
- Understanding IPv6 Broadband Access Services
10 – IPv6 Case Studies
- Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Enterprise Networks
- Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Service Provider Networks
- Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Branch Networks