Training for your Group
This course is designed for network administrators who are migrating from a traditional Cisco IOS environment to routing and switching platforms that use the Nexus Operating System (NX-OS).
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: Network, systems, and consulting systems engineers Network designers, administrators, and managers
Prerequisites: CCNA Switching and Routing knowledge level
What You're Going To Learn
- Describe the differences between the Cisco IOS and NX-OS operating systems.
- Describe the features and functionality of the Cisco NX-OS.
- Describe how the Cisco NX-OS is used for functionality specific to different Cisco Nexus switching platforms, such as the 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches.
- Understand basic and advanced configurations of the Cisco Nexus 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches using the NX-OS.
- Understand basic and advanced configurations of the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway.
- Understand troubleshooting techniques for the Cisco Nexus 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches using the NX-OS.
Register for an Upcoming Date
1 – THE CISCO NX-OS
Introduction to the Cisco NX-OS Operational Differences between the Cisco IOS and NX-OS
2 – BASIC CONFIGURATION OF CISCO NEXUS SWITCHES USING NX-OS
Initial Configuration of the Cisco Nexus switches Configuring Basic Layer 2 Features using the NX-OS Basic Layer 3 Features using the NX-OS
3 – ADVANCED CONFIGURATION OF CISCO NEXUS SWITCHES USING NX-OS
Advanced Layer 2 Features of Cisco Nexus switches Advanced Layer 3 Features of Cisco Nexus switches Integrating the Nexus 1000v with the VMware vCenter Server Configuring Cisco NX-OS on the Virtual Security Gateway
4 – TROUBLESHOOTING CISCO NX-OS CONFIGURATION ISSUES
Understanding High Availability (HA) Feature of the Cisco NX-OS Basic Troubleshooting Techniques Advanced Troubleshooting Techniques