Training for your Group
This course provides the knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It can also assist you in preparing to take the CompTIA A+ examination, exam numbers 220-901, in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: Entry level IT technicians
What You're Going To Learn
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Identify network technologies
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices
Register for an Upcoming Date
Full Course Outline: CompTIA A+ Part 1
Lesson 1: Hardware Fundamentals
- Personal Computer Components
- Storage Devices
- Mobile Digital Devices
- Connection Interfaces
Lesson 2: Managing System Components
- Identify Motherboard Components and Features
- Install and Configure CPUs and Cooling Systems
- Install Power Supplies
- Troubleshoot System Components
Lesson 3: Managing Data Storage
- Identify RAM Types and Features
- Troubleshoot RAM Issues
- Install and Configure Storage Devices
- Configure the System Firmware
- Troubleshoot Hard Drives and RAID Arrays
Lesson 4: Supporting Display Devices
- Install Display Devices
- Configure Display Devices
- Troubleshoot Video and Display Devices
Lesson 5: Installing & Configuring Peripheral Components
- Install and Configure Input Devices
- Install and Configure Output Devices
- Install and Configure Input/Output Devices
- Install and Configure Expansion Cards
Lesson 6: Customized Client Environments
- Types of Common Business Clients
- Custom Client Environments
Lesson 7: Supporting Printers & Multifunction Devices
- Printer and Multifunction Technologies
- Install and Configure Printers
- Maintain Printers
- Troubleshoot Printers
Lesson 8: Networking Technologies
- TCP/IP Properties and Characteristics
- Internet Connections
- Ports and Protocols
- Networking Tools
Lesson 9: Installing & Configuring Networking Capabilities
- Configure Basic Windows Networking
- Configure Network Perimeters
- Using Windows Networking Features
- Install and Configure SOHO Networks
Lesson 10: Supporting Mobile Digital Devices
- Install and Configure Exterior Laptop Components
- Install and Configure Interior Laptop Components
- Other Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device Accessories and Ports
- Mobile Device Connectivity
- Mobile Device Synchronization
- Troubleshoot Mobile Device Hardware
What to Expect at LeapFox
In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs, digital devices, and operating systems.
In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-501).
In this course, students will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. This course will help the student prepare for the N10-006 exam and certification.
The LeapFox CompTIA course collection provides students with all of the specialized training and support for every current CompTIA certification. Whether you’re seeking CompTIA A+ training and certification, CompTIA Security+ training and certification, CompTIA Linux+ training, CompTIA Network+ training and certification, or training in any other CompTIA certification, LeapFox can help you reach your goals and achieve the level of certification you require to be successful.
Networks continue to evolve into a complex array of devices and systems. Cisco technologies are the worldwide authority in computer networking and have become the widespread choice to streamline and protect these networks. Because of this, Cisco training is becoming increasingly valuable.
At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud Platform vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure with features and enhancements in virtualization, management, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, the web and application platform, and more.