Training for your Group
This course will provide you with the fundamental skills and concepts required to maintain, support, and work efficiently with personal computers.
Course Length: 3 days
Audience: Individuals considering a career in information technology
Prerequisites: Basic Windows end-user skills
What You're Going To Learn
- Identify hardware commonly found in or attached to computing devices.
- Identify software commonly installed on computing devices.
- Set up a basic workstation.
- Configure network access.
- Work with files, folders, and applications.
- Configure and use wireless devices.
- Secure computing devices.
- Support computers and users.
Full Course Outline: CompTIA IT Fundamentals
Lesson 1: Identifying Computer Hardware
- Identify Types of Computing Devices
- Identify Internal Computer Components
- Common Computer Connector Types
- Identify Common Peripheral Devices
Lesson 2: Identifying Computer Software
- Compare Functions and Features of Common Operating Systems
- Identify Application Software
Lesson 3: Setting Up A Basic Workstation
- Connect Hardware
- Install and Configure Operating Systems
- Install and Configure Applications
- Configure Accessibility Options
Lesson 4: Configuring Network Access
- Network Connection Types
- Install and Configure a SOHO Router
- Network and Alternative Technologies
- Sharing and Storage Methods
Lesson 5: Working With Files, Folders, and Applications
- Create Files
- Navigate a File Structure
- Manage Files and Folders
- Compress and Extract Files
- Create Screen Captures
Lesson 6: Configuring and Using Wireless Devices
- Configure Wireless Devices
- Use Wireless Devices
Lesson 7: Securing Computing Devices
- Identify Security Threats
- Apply Security Best Practices
- Perform Secure Web Browsing
Lesson 8: Supporting Computers and Users
- Environmental and Safety Concepts
- Back Up and Restore Data
- Manage Software
- Implement Basic Support Measures
What to Expect at LeapFox
In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs, digital devices, and operating systems.
In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-501).
In this course, students will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. This course will help the student prepare for the N10-006 exam and certification.
The LeapFox CompTIA course collection provides students with all of the specialized training and support for every current CompTIA certification. Whether you’re seeking CompTIA A+ training and certification, CompTIA Security+ training and certification, CompTIA Linux+ training, CompTIA Network+ training and certification, or training in any other CompTIA certification, LeapFox can help you reach your goals and achieve the level of certification you require to be successful.
Networks continue to evolve into a complex array of devices and systems. Cisco technologies are the worldwide authority in computer networking and have become the widespread choice to streamline and protect these networks. Because of this, Cisco training is becoming increasingly valuable.
At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud Platform vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure with features and enhancements in virtualization, management, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, the web and application platform, and more.