Training for your Group
Security remains one of the hottest topics in IT and other industries. It seems that each week brings news of some new breach of privacy or security. As organizations scramble to protect themselves and their customers, the ability to conduct penetration testing is an emerging skill set that is becoming ever more valuable to the organizations seeking protection, and ever more lucrative for those who possess these skills. In this course, you will be introduced to some general concepts and methodologies related to pen testing, and you will work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company.
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: This course is designed for IT professionals who want to develop penetration testing skills to enable them to identify information-system vulnerabilities and effective remediation techniques for those vulnerabilities. Target students who also need to offer practical recommendations for action to properly protect information systems and their contents will derive those skills from this course. This course is also designed for individuals who are preparing to take the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam PT0-001, or who plan to use PenTest+ as the foundation for more advanced security certifications or career roles. Individuals seeking this certification should have three to four years of hands-on experience performing penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, and vulnerability management.
Prerequisites: CompTIA A+, Security+, and Networking+ certifications or equivalent working knowledge
What You're Going To Learn
- Plan and scope penetration tests
- Conduct passive reconnaissance
- Perform non-technical tests to gather information
- Conductive active reconnaissance
- Analyze vulnerabilities
- Penetrate networks
- Exploit host-based vulnerabilities
- Test applications
- Complete post-exploit tasks
- Analyze and report open test result
Register for an Upcoming Date
Full Course Outline
1 – Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Introduction to Penetration Testing Concepts
- Plan a Pen Test Engagement
- Scope and Negotiate a Pen Test Engagement
- Prepare for a Pen Test Engagement
2 – Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
- Gather Background Information
- Prepare Background Findings for Next Steps
3 – Performing Non-Technical Tests
- Perform Social Engineering Tests
- Perform Physical Security Tests on Facilities
4 – Conducting Active Reconnaissance
- Scan Networks
- Enumerate Targets
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Basic Scripts
5 – Analyzing Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Leverage Information to Prepare for Exploitation
6 – Penetrating Networks
- Exploit Network-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Wireless and RF-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Specialized Systems
7 – Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Windows-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit *nix-Based Vulnerabilities
8 – Testing Applications
- Exploit Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Test Source Code and Compiled Apps
9 – Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
- Use Lateral Movement Techniques
- Use Persistence Techniques
- Use Anti-Forensics Techniques
10 – Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results
- Analyze Pen Test Data
- Develop Recommendations for Mitigation Strategies
- Write and Handle Reports
- Conduct Post-Report-Delivery Activities
What to Expect at LeapFox
In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs, digital devices, and operating systems.
In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-501).
In this course, students will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. This course will help the student prepare for the N10-006 exam and certification.
The LeapFox CompTIA course collection provides students with all of the specialized training and support for every current CompTIA certification. Whether you’re seeking CompTIA A+ training and certification, CompTIA Security+ training and certification, CompTIA Linux+ training, CompTIA Network+ training and certification, or training in any other CompTIA certification, LeapFox can help you reach your goals and achieve the level of certification you require to be successful.
Networks continue to evolve into a complex array of devices and systems. Cisco technologies are the worldwide authority in computer networking and have become the widespread choice to streamline and protect these networks. Because of this, Cisco training is becoming increasingly valuable.
At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud Platform vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure with features and enhancements in virtualization, management, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, the web and application platform, and more.