Training for your Group
This course builds on existing professional experience with personal computer hardware support to present the next tier of skills & concepts students will use on the job when administering any type of network server.
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: Technicians who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists
Prerequisites: A+ and Network+ Certifications
What You're Going To Learn
- Manage server hardware.
- Install server hardware and operating systems.
- Configure networking hardware and protocols.
- Perform basic server configuration tasks.
- Create a virtual server environment.
- Administer servers.
- Implement server storage solutions.
- Secure the server.
- Plan and test disaster recovery.
- Troubleshoot server issues.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Full Course Outline: CompTIA Server+ Certification
Lesson 1: Managing Server Hardware
- Server Components
- Server Power
- Server Cooling
- Asset Management
Lesson 2: Installing a Server
- Prepare an Installation Plan
- Prepare the Server Hardware
- Set Up the Server Hardware
- Install an Operating System
Lesson 3: Configuring Networking
- Manage Network Cabling
- Configure Network Interface Cards
- Implement IP Addressing and Network Infrastructure Services
Lesson 4: Creating a Virtual Environment
- Create Virtual Servers
- Create Virtual Switches
Lesson 5: Performing Basic Server Configuration
- Configure Local Server Properties
- Configure Server Roles
- Set Up IP Addressing Service Roles
Lesson 6: Administering the Server
- Update the Server
- Server Administration Access and Control Methods
- Create Service Level Agreements
- Monitor Server Performance
Lesson 7: Implementing Storage Solutions
- Perform Capacity Planning
- Deploy Primary Storage Devices
- Storage Technologies
- Configure RAID
Lesson 8: Securing the Server
- Configure Firewalls
- Configure Security Protocols
- Implement Intrusion Detection Systems
- Implement Logical Access Control Methods
- Implement Data Security Methods
- Apply Server Hardening Techniques
- Implement Physical Security
- Create Virtual Networks
Lesson 9: Planning and Testing Disaster Recovery
- Implement Environmental Controls
- Manage Documentation for the Server and the Network
- Create A Disaster Recovery Plan
- Perform Backup and Restoration
Lesson 10: Troubleshooting Server Issues
- Troubleshoot Theory and Methods
- Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
- Troubleshoot Software Issues
- Troubleshoot Networking Issues
- Troubleshoot Storage Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Issues
What to Expect at LeapFox
In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs, digital devices, and operating systems.
In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-501).
In this course, students will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. This course will help the student prepare for the N10-006 exam and certification.
The LeapFox CompTIA course collection provides students with all of the specialized training and support for every current CompTIA certification. Whether you’re seeking CompTIA A+ training and certification, CompTIA Security+ training and certification, CompTIA Linux+ training, CompTIA Network+ training and certification, or training in any other CompTIA certification, LeapFox can help you reach your goals and achieve the level of certification you require to be successful.
Networks continue to evolve into a complex array of devices and systems. Cisco technologies are the worldwide authority in computer networking and have become the widespread choice to streamline and protect these networks. Because of this, Cisco training is becoming increasingly valuable.
At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud Platform vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure with features and enhancements in virtualization, management, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, the web and application platform, and more.