Training for Your Group
In this course, students will establish processes to ensure that information security measures align with established business needs. It will prepar students for the CISA exam with 5 days of intense training with a CISA master.
Course Length: 5 Days
Audience: The intended audience for this course is information security and IT professionals, such as network administrators and engineers, IT managers, and IT auditors, and other individuals who want to learn more about information security, who are interested in learning in-depth information about information security management, who are looking for career advancement in IT security, or who are interested in earning the CISM certification.
Prerequisites: Students taking this course should have minimum of five years of professional information systems auditing, control, or security work experience as described in the CISA job practice domain areas: The Process of Auditing Information Systems Acquisition, Development, and Implementation, Information Systems Operations, Maintenance and Support, Protection of Information Assets.
What You're Going To Learn
- Establish and maintain a framework to provide assurance that information security strategies are aligned with business objectives and consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
- Identify and manage information security risks to achieve business objectives.
- Create a program to implement the information security strategy.
- Implement an information security program.
- Oversee and direct information security activities to execute the information security program.
- Plan, develop, and manage capabilities to detect, respond to, and recover from information security incidents.
Lesson 1: The Process of Auditing Information Systems
- ISACA Information Systems Auditing Standards and Guidelines
- Fundamental Business Processes
- Develop and Implement an Information Systems Audit Strategy
- Plan an Audit
- Conduct an Audit
- The Evidence Life Cycle
- Communicate Issues, Risks, and Audit Results
- Support the Implementation of Risk Management and Control Practices
Lesson 2: IT Governance and Maintenance
- Evaluate the Effectiveness of IT Governance
- Evaluate the IT Organizational Structure and HR Management
- Evaluate the IT Strategy and Direction
- Evaluate IT Policies, Standards, and Procedures
- Evaluate the Effectiveness of Quality Management Systems
- Evaluate IT Management and Monitoring of Controls
- IT Resource Investment, Use, and Allocation Practices
- Evaluate IT Contracting Strategies and Policies
- Evaluate Risk Management Practices
- Performance Monitoring and Assurance Practices
- Evaluate the Organizations Business Continuity Plan
Lesson 3: Information Systems Acquisition, Development, and Implementation
- Evaluate the Business Case for Change
- Evaluate Project Management Frameworks and Governance Practices
- Development Life Cycle Management
- Perform Periodic Project Reviews
- Evaluate Control Mechanisms for Systems
- Evaluate Development and Testing Processes
- Evaluate Implementation Readiness
- Evaluate a System Migration
- Perform a Post-Implementation System Review
Lesson 4: Information Systems Operations, Maintenance, and Support
- Perform Periodic System Reviews
- Evaluate Service Level Management Practices
- Evaluate Third-Party Management Practices
- Evaluate Operations and End User Management Practices
- Evaluate the Maintenance Process
- Evaluate Data Administration Practices
- Evaluate the Use of Capacity and Performance Monitoring Methods
- Evaluate Change, Configuration, and Release Management Practices
- Evaluate Problem and Incident Management Practices
- Evaluate the Adequacy of Backup and Restore Provisions
Lesson 5: Protection of Information Assets
- Information Security Design
- Encryption Basics
- Evaluate the Functionality of the IT Infrastructure
- Evaluate Network Infrastructure Security
- Evaluate the Design, Implementation, and Monitoring of Logical Access Controls
- Risks and Controls of Virtualization
- Evaluate the Design, Implementation, and Monitoring of Data Classification Process
- Evaluate the Design, Implementation, and Monitoring of Physical Access Controls
- Evaluate the Design, Implementation, and Monitoring of Environmental Controls