Training for Your Group
This course prepares individuals to manage the IT asset disposal process within an organization. Best practices in IT Asset Disposition (“ITAD”) are broken down from policy management, data security to chain of custody transitioning.
Course Length: 2 Days
Audience: Asset Managers, ITIL trained IT Professionals, Project Managers/PMP’s.
Prerequisites: Some experience working in an Information Security position.
What You're Going To Learn
Students will learn the best practices in an IT Asset Management Program and align those processes with their organizations’ business practices. They will be able to manage overall ITAM programs and demonstrate in-depth knowledge, operational knowledge and competence in asset disposal and process development.
Register for an Upcoming Date
- IT Asset Disposition Best Practices
- Introduction and Program Management
- Disposition Overview
- Governance of Electronic Disposal
- Foundations for Disposal Management
- The Process Begins – Removal, Storage, Transport and Security
- Disposal Processes – Software and Hardware Related
- Building the Business Case
- Using Automation – Bar Coding, RFID and ITAM Tools
- Working with Vendors
- Financial Management/Executive Reporting
- Questions and Review Before Test