What You Will Learn
Training for Veterans
$2800 (Does not include exam voucher)
Please Call For Current Schedule
In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs, digital devices, and operating systems. This course covers the material in 901 and 902 in one week.
Course Length: 10 days
Audience: Individuals interested in obtaining a job as an entry level IT technician
What You're Going To Learn
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Full Course Outline: CompTIA A+ Certification
Lesson 1: Hardware Fundamentals
- Personal Computer Components
- Storage Devices
- Mobile Digital Devices
- Connection Interfaces
Lesson 2: Managing System Components
- Identify Motherboard Components and Features
- Install and Configure CPUs and Cooling Systems
- Install Power Supplies
- Troubleshoot System Components
Lesson 3: Managing Data Storage
- Identify RAM Types and Features
- Troubleshoot RAM Issues
- Install and Configure Storage Devices
- Configure the System Firmware
- Troubleshoot Hard Drives and RAID Arrays
Lesson 4: Supporting Display Devices
- Install Display Devices
- Configure Display Devices
- Troubleshoot Video and Display Devices
Lesson 5: Installing & Configuring Peripheral Components
- Install and Configure Input Devices
- Install and Configure Output Devices
- Install and Configure Input/Output Devices
- Install and Configure Expansion Cards
Lesson 6: Customized Client Environments
- Types of Common Business Clients
- Custom Client Environments
Lesson 7: Supporting Printers & Multifunction Devices
- Printer and Multifunction Technologies
- Install and Configure Printers
- Maintain Printers
- Troubleshoot Printers
Lesson 8: Networking Technologies
- TCP/IP Properties and Characteristics
- Internet Connections
- Ports and Protocols
- Networking Tools
Lesson 9: Installing & Configuring Networking Capabilities
- Configure Basic Windows Networking
- Configure Network Perimeters
- Using Windows Networking Features
- Install and Configure SOHO Networks
Lesson 10: Supporting Mobile Digital Devices
- Install and Configure Exterior Laptop Components
- Install and Configure Interior Laptop Components
- Other Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device Accessories and Ports
- Mobile Device Connectivity
- Mobile Device Synchronization
- Troubleshoot Mobile Device Hardware
Lesson 11: Operating System Fundamentals
- PC and Mobile Operating Systems
- PC Operating System Tools and Utilities
Lesson 12: Installing & Configuring Microsoft Windows
- Implement Client-Side Virtualization
- Install Microsoft Windows
- Use Microsoft Windows
- Configure Microsoft Windows
- Upgrade Microsoft Windows
Lesson 13: Optimizing & Maintaining Microsoft Windows
- Optimize Microsoft Windows
- Back Up and Restore System Data
- Perform Disk Maintenance
- Update Software
Lesson 14: Working With Other Operating Systems
- The OS X Operating System
- The Linux Operating System
Lesson 15: Networking & Security Fundamentals
- Network Types
- Network Components
- Common Network Services
- Cloud Concepts
- Security Fundamentals
Lesson 16: Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, & Controls
- Common Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- General Security Controls
- Mobile Security Controls
- Data Destruction and Disposal Methods
Lesson 17: Implementing Security Controls
- Secure Operating Systems
- Secure Workstations
- Secure SOHO Networks
- Secure Mobile Devices
Lesson 18: Troubleshooting System-Wide Issues
- Troubleshoot PC Operating Systems
- Troubleshoot Mobile Device Operating Systems and Applications
- Troubleshoot Wired and Wireless Networks
- Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
Lesson 19: Safety & Operational Procedures
- Basic Maintenance Tools and Techniques
- Personal and Electrical Safety
- Environmental Safety and Materials Handling
- Professionalism and Communication
- Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Troubleshooting Theory