Training for your Group
Participants will learn crucial conflict management skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame. If left unchecked or not resolved it can lead to lost production, absences, attrition, and even law suits.
Course Length: 1 day
Audience: This course is intended for individuals who want to gain in-depth knowledge of how to effectively resolve conflict.
What You're Going To Learn
Wherever two or more people come together, there is bound to be conflict. This course will give participants a seven-step conflict resolution process that they can use and modify to resolve conflict disputes of any size. Participants will also learn crucial conflict management skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Full Course Outline
1 – Getting Started
- Housekeeping Items
- The Parking Lot
- Workshop Objectives
2 – An Introduction to Conflict Resolution
- What is Conflict?
- What is Conflict Resolution?
- Understanding the Conflict Resolution Process
3 – The Thomas-Kilmann Instrument
4 – Creating an Effective Atmosphere
- Neutralizing Emotions
- Setting Ground Rules
- Choosing the Time and Place
5 – Creating Mutual Understanding
- What do I Want?
- What Do They Want?
- What Do We Want?
6 – Focusing on Individual Needs
- Finding Common Ground
- Building Positive Energy and Goodwill
- Strengthening Your Partnership
7 – Getting to the Root Cause
- Examining Root Causes
- Creating a Cause and Effect Diagram
- The Importance of Forgiveness
- Identifying the Benefits of Resolution
8 – Generating Options
- Generate, Don’t Evaluate
- Creating Mutual Gain Options and Multiple Option Solutions
- Digging Deeper into Your Options
9 – Building a Solution
- Creating Criteria
- Creating a Shortlist
- Choosing a Solution
- Building a Plan
10 – The Short Version of the Process
- Evaluating the Situation
- Choosing Your Steps
- Creating an Action Plan
- Using Individual Process Steps
11 – Additional Tools
- Stress and Anger Management Techniques
- The Agreement Frame
- Asking Open Questions
12 – Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans