Training for your Group
In this course, students learn the features which enable them to create complex documents with a consistent look and feel. Students will also learn how to automate tedious tasks such as preparing a letter to send to every customer of your organization.
Course Length: 1 Day
Prerequisites: Word Level 1 or equivalent working knowledge
Audience: Users who want to learn advanced Word features
What You're Going To Learn
- Organize content using tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Insert content using quick parts.
- Use templates to automate document formatting.
- Control the flow of a document.
- Simplify and manage long documents.
- Use mail merge to create letters, envelopes, and labels.
Register for an Upcoming Date
1: Organizing Content Using Tables and Charts
- Sort Table Data
- Control Cell Layout
- Perform Calculations in a Table
- Create a Chart
- Add an Excel Table to a Word Document (Optional)
2: Customizing Formats Using Styles and Themes
- Create and Modify Text Styles
- Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Apply Document Themes
3: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Insert Building Blocks
- Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
4: Using Templates to Automate Document Formatting
- Create a Document Using a Template
- Create a Template
- Manage Templates with the Template Organizer
5: Controlling the Flow of a Document
- Control Paragraph Flow
- Insert Section Breaks
- Insert Columns
- Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
6: Simplifying and Managing Long Documents
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert a Table of Contents
- Insert an Ancillary Table
- Manage Outlines
- Create a Master Document
7: Using Mail Merge to Create Letters, Envelopes, and Labels
- The Mail Merge Feature
- Merge Envelopes and Labels