Training for your Group
In this course, students will continue their learning on the foundations of report writing with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Builder and SSRS. The focus will be on report creation by connecting to a database and manipulating the data.
Course Length: 2 days
Audience: The primary audience for this course are persons who are new to reporting with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Builder and SSRS, persons who are transitioning from another reporting software application, and persons who are existing Report Builder and SSRS report authors. The secondary audience for this course are persons who are using Report Designer (SSRS)
Prerequisites: Access 2013 Part 1. MOC 55123. Familiarity with Windows
What You're Going To Learn
- Create parameter reports.
- Create list reports.
- Format reports with complex expressions.
- Add images and subreports.
- Add drilldown and drillthrough functionality.
- Add sparklines, data bars, and indicators.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Lesson 1: Parameter Reports
- Parameterized Reporting
- Create Report Parameters
- Modify Report Parameters
- Provide Default Parameter Values
- Provide Available Values for Parameters
- Lab: Creating Parameterized Reports
Lesson 2: List Data Regions
- Introducing the List Data Region
- Create Reports Using List Data Regions
- Modify Reports Which Use List Data Regions
- Lab: Creating List Reports
Lesson 3: Enhancing Reports with Complex Expressions
- Formatting Reports
- Top N Reports
- Running Values
- Lab: Enhancing Reports with Complex Expressions
Lesson 4: Enhance Reports with Images and Subreports
- Add Images to Reports
- Retrieve Images from a Database
- Introducing SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) Report Server
- Add Subreports to Reports
- Lab: Working With Images and Subreports
Lesson 5: Drilldown and Drillthrough Reports
- Add and Configure Drilldown Reporting
- Add and Configure Drillthrough Reporting
- Lab: Add Drilldown and Drillthrough Functionality to Reports
Lesson 6: Sparklines, Data Bars, and Indicators
- Data Bars
- Lab: Adding Sparklines, Data Bars, and Indicators to Reports