Training for Your Group
The goal of this course is to enable network planners and administrators to deploy an efficient wireless LAN (WLAN) advanced enterprise solution.
Course Length: 2 Days
Audience: The primary audience for this course is as follows: Channel field engineers Cisco Network Consulting Engineers New Cisco Unified Communications partners Customer network engineers The secondary audience for this course is as follows: Customer network managers.
Prerequisites: Cisco WDBWL, or equivalent working knowledge.
What You're Going To Learn
- Detail the differences in client mobility between Layer 2 and Layer 3.
- Configure the controller to appropriately mark priority traffic for transmission first in times of network congestion and avoid introducing unnecessary IPv6 which could lead to network congestion.
- Discuss the challenges faced in providing a quality user experience in a high density wireless network deployment scenario.
- Design, install, and maintain a wireless mesh network both as an add-on to an existing WLAN and as a new installation.
Register for an Upcoming Date
1 – CLIENT MOBILITY BETWEEN SUBNETS
- Lesson 1: Understanding Same Subnet Roaming
- Lesson 2: Understanding Inter-subnet Mobility
- Lesson 3: Identifying Advanced Mobility Issues
2 – NETWORK EFFICIENCY
- Lesson 1: Configuring Quality of Service
- Lesson 2: Implementing Video over Wi-Fi
- Lesson 3: Implementing VideoStream In A FlexConnect Deployment
- Lesson 4: Integrating the WLC with MS Lync SDN
3 – HIGH DENSITY DEPLOYMENT CHALLENGES
- Lesson 1: Understanding the Effects of Client Density on a WirelessNetwork
- Lesson 2: Planning for Areas of High Client Density
4 – INTRODUCTION TO MESH NETWORKS
- Lesson 1: Describing Wireless Mesh Networks
- Lesson 2: Implementing Wireless Mesh Networks
5 – WIRELESS GUEST NETWORKS
- Lesson 1: Providing Advanced Guest Access
- Lesson 2: Implementing Local Policies and Client Profiling
- Lesson 3: Implementing Cisco CMX Visitor Connect
6 – WIRELESS HIGH AVAILABILITY
- Lesson 1: Describing Wireless High Availability
- Lesson 2: Enhancing Wireless High Availability
7 – IMPLEMENTING IPV6 SUPPORT
- Lesson 1: Configuring Clients for IPv6
- Lesson 2: Configuring the Infrastructure for IPv6
8 – APPENDIX
- Lesson 1: Service Provider and PMIPv6
9 – LAB OUTLINE
- Lab 1-1 Connecting to the remote labs
- Lab 2-1: Monitoring WLC QoS on the Switch Infrastructure (Optional)
- Lab 3-1: Implementing CMX Visitor Connect
- Lab 3-2: Implementing Social Auth Visitor Connect
- Lab 4-1 Configuring IPv6
- Lab 4-2: IPv6 First Hop Security Configuration (Optional)