Training for your Group
Students will weigh the pros and cons of cloud computing to make effective decisions and meet IT challenges.
Course Length: 3 days
Audience: IT specialists, IT technical services specialists, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants, business and IT management, business process owners, and analysts
Prerequisites: Introduction to Network Design and Management, and 6 months in an IT environment
What You're Going To Learn
- Learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing.
- Learn the business aspects and impact of cloud computing.
- Differentiate the types of cloud solutions and the adoption measures needed for each.
- Identify the technical challenges and the mitigation measures involved in cloud computing.
- Identify the steps to successfully adopt cloud services.
- Identify the basic concepts of ITIL and describe how the ITIL framework is useful in the implementation of cloud computing in an organization.
- Identify the possible risks involved in cloud computing and the risk mitigation measures, and you will also identify the potential cost considerations for the implementation of cloud and its strategic benefits.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Full Course Outline: CompTIA Cloud Essentials Certification
Lesson 1: Introduction To Cloud Computing
- Overview of Cloud Computing
- Evolution of the Cloud
- Specialized Cloud Services
Lesson 2: Business Value of Cloud Computing
- Business Need for Cloud Computing
- Cloud Scalability
- Cloud Security
- Impact of Cloud Computing on Business
Lesson 3: Technical Perspectives of Cloud Computing
- The Cloud Deployment Models
- Network Requirements for Cloud Deployment
- Automation and Self-Service in Cloud Computing
- Federated Cloud Services
Lesson 4: Technical Challenges of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Application Performance
- Data Integration
- Security Risks and Mitigation
- Application Architecture and the Development Process
Lesson 5: Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud Services
- Steps to Adopting Cloud Services
- Organizational Capability to Adopt Cloud Services
- Cloud Vendor Roles and Capabilities
- Migrating Applications to the Cloud
Lesson 6: ITIL and Cloud Computing
- Overview of ITIL
- Planning Service Strategy
- Designing Cloud Service
- Transitioning to Live Environment
- Running a Cloud Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement with Cloud
Lesson 7: Identifying Risks and Consequences
- Organizational Risks
- Technical Risks
- Legal Risks
- Cost Evaluation for Cloud Computing
- Identify Maintenance Aspects of Strategic Flexibility