Training for your Group
In this two-day course, you will learn how to use advanced FortiGate networking and security. Topics include features commonly applied in complex or larger enterprise or MSSP networks, such as advanced routing, transparent mode, redundant infrastructure, site-to-site IPsec VPN, SSO, web proxy, and diagnostics.
Course Length: 2 days
Prerequisites: Networking and security professionals involved in the design, implementation, and administration of a network infrastructure using FortiGate appliances.
Audience: Networking and security professionals involved in the design, implementation, and administration of a network infrastructure using FortiGate appliances.
What You're Going To Learn
- Analyze a FortiGate’s route table.
- Route packets using policy-based and static routes for multi-path and load balanced deployments.
- Configure SD-WAN to load balance traffic between multiple WAN links effectively.
- Inspect traffic transparently, forwarding as a Layer 2 device.
- Divide FortiGate into two or more virtual devices, each operating as an independent FortiGate, by configuring virtual domains (VDOMs).
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate appliances.
- Compare policy-based to route-based IPsec VPN.
- Implement a meshed or partially redundant VPN.
- Diagnose failed IKE exchanges.
- Offer Fortinet Single Sign On (FSSO) access to network services, integrated with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for fault tolerance and high performance.
- Deploy implicit and explicit proxy with firewall policies, authentication, and caching.
- Diagnose and correct common problems.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Full Course Outline
Module 1. Routing
Module 2. Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN)
Module 3. Layer 2 Switching
Module 4. Virtual Domains
Module 5. Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
Module 6. Fortinet Single Sign-On (FSSO)
Module 7. High Availability (HA)
Module 8. Web Proxy
Module 9. Diagnostics