Training for Your Group
In this course, students will identify and apply generally recognized practices in project management.
Course Length: 3 Days
Audience: The target student for this course is any individual who may need to perform project management activities in their job role on either a formal or informal basis, or any project. Team members who want to enhance their knowledge of project management in order to interact more productively with a project manager and perform more effectively on a project team.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend you have some working knowledge of your computers operating system.
What You're Going To Learn
- Identify the basic concepts and terminology of professional project management.
- Launch a project.
- Estimate project work.
- Create a project schedule.
- Plan project costs.
- Plan for project risks.
- Plan for project quality and compliance.
- Manage human resources for your project.
- Manage project procurements.
- Plan for change management and monitor the project scope.
- Monitor and optimize project schedule and cost.
- Monitor quality of project work and the risks involved.
- Plan communication strategies and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Perform project closure.
Register for an Upcoming Date
1 – GETTING STARTED WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Project Management Basics
- Factors Influencing a Project
2 – LAUNCHING PROJECTS
- How Organizations Choose the Right Project
- Identify Project Stakeholders and Their Expectations
- Identify the Project Scope
- Prepare a SOW
- Formally Authorize a Project
3 – ESTIMATING PROJECT WORK
- Estimate Project Effort and Resources Using Top-Down Estimation
- Estimate Project Effort and Resources Using Bottom-Up Estimation
- Reduce Risks in Project Estimates
4 – CREATING A PROJECT SCHEDULE
- Illustrate Project Flow
- Identify Activity Resources
- Schedule Project Work
5 – PLANNING PROJECT COSTS
- Estimate Project Costs
- Establish the Cost Baseline
- Reconcile Funding and Costs
6 – PLANNING FOR RISKS
- Create a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Risks and Their Causes
- Analyze Risks
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
7 – PLANNING FOR QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE
Deliver the Desired Project Results
Verify Compliance Requirements
8 – MANAGING HUMAN RESOURCES
- Plan Your Dream Team
- Put the Team Together
- Build the Team
- Manage the Team
9 – MANAGING PROJECT PROCUREMENTS
- Plan for Project Procurements
- Obtain Responses from Vendors
- Choose the Right Vendor
- Manage Vendors and Procurements
10 – MANAGING CHANGE DURING PROJECT EXECUTION
- Gear Up for Project Execution
- Manage Project Changes
- Monitor the Project Scope
11 – MONITORING AND CONTROLLING PROJECT SCHEDULE AND COST
- Monitor and Control the Project Schedule
- Optimize the Project Schedule
- Monitor and Control Project Costs
12 – MONITORING RISK AND QUALITY
- Monitor and Control Risks
- Put Quality Plans into Action
- Control Project Quality
13 – COMMUNICATING AND REPORTING
- Communicate in a Project
- Distribute Project Information
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
- Report on Project Performance
14 – CLOSING THE PROJECT
- Hand Off the Project
- Close Project Procurements
- Wrap Up a Project