Training for Your Group
In this course, students will identify effective project management practices and their related processes. They will examine the elements of sound project management and apply the generally recognized practices to successfully manage projects.
Course Length: 1 Day
Audience: This course is designed for individuals whose primary job is not project management, but who manages projects on an informal basis. Also, anyone who is considering a career path in project management and desiring a complete overview of the field and its generally accepted practices can take up this course.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend you have some working knowledge of your computers operating system.
What You're Going To Learn
- Identify the key processes and requirements of project management.
- Initiate a project.
- Plan for time and cost.
- Plan for project risks, communication, and change control.
- Manage a project.
- Execute the project closeout phase.
Register for an Upcoming Date
1 – GETTING STARTED WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Describe a Project
- Describe the Project Management Life Cycle
- Identify the Role of a Project Manager
2 – INITIATING A PROJECT
- Determine the Scope of a Project
- Identify the Skills for a Project Team
- Identify the Risks to a Project
3 – PLANNING FOR TIME AND COST
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Sequence the Activities
- Create a Project Schedule
- Determine Project Costs
4 – PLANNING FOR PROJECT RISKS, COMMUNICATION, AND CHANGE CONTROL
- Analyze the Risks to a Project
- Create a Communication Plan
- Plan for Change Control
5 – MANAGING A PROJECT
- Begin Project Work
- Execute the Project Plan
- Track Project Progress
- Report Performance
- Implement Change Control
6 – EXECUTING THE PROJECT CLOSEOUT PHASE
- Close a Project
- Create a Final Report