Training for your Group
In this course, students will use Access 2016 to manage their data, including: creating a new database; constructing tables; designing forms and reports; and creating queries to join, filter, and sort data.
Course Length: 2 Days
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of the Windows Operating System
What You're Going To Learn
- Organize and manage data stored within Access tables
- Use queries to join, sort, and filter data from different tables
- Use forms to make it easier to view, access, and input data
- Create and format custom reports
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Access
- Topic A: Orientation to Microsoft Access
- Topic B: Create a Simple Access Database
- Topic C: Get Help and Configure Options in Microsoft Access
Lesson 2: Working with Table Data
- Topic A: Modify Table Data
- Topic B: Sort and Filter Records
Lesson 3: Querying a Database
- Topic A: Create Basic Queries
- Topic B: Sort and Filter Data in a Query
- Topic C: Perform Calculations in a Query
Lesson 4: Using Forms
- Topic A: Create Basic Access Forms
- Topic B: Work with Data on Access Forms
Lesson 5: Generating Reports
- Topic A: Create a Report
- Topic B: Add Controls to a Report
- Topic C: Enhance the Appearance of a Report
- Topic D: Prepare a Report for Print
- Topic E: Organize Report Information
- Topic F: Format Reports
Lesson 6: Designing a Relational Database
- Topic A: Relational Database Design
- Topic B: Create a Table
- Topic C: Create Table Relationships
Lesson 7: Joining Tables
- Topic A: Create Query Joins
- Topic B: Relate Data Within a Table
- Topic C: Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 8: Using Data Validation
- Topic A: Use Field Validation
- Topic B: Use Form and Record Validation
Lesson 9: Creating Advanced Queries
- Topic A: Create Parameter Queries
- Topic B: Summarize Data
- Topic C: Create Subqueries
- Topic D: Create Action Queries
- Topic E: Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Lesson 10: Organizing a Database for Efficiency
- Topic A: Data Normalization
- Topic B: Create a Junction Table
- Topic C: Improve Table Structure
Lesson 11: Using Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Topic A: Include Control Formatting in a Report
- Topic B: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic C: Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
What to Expect at LeapFox
In this course, students will use Access 2016 to manage their data, including creating a new database; constructing tables; designing forms and reports; and creating queries to join, filter, and sort data.
Improve your basic skills. Learn to import and export data, create customizable queries and reports, perform calculations, use macros, execute advanced queries, and finalize the database.
Maintain your database. Work through troubleshooting scenarios using Access database tools. Learn to improve performance and enhance security . Use VBA to interact with forms.
This course focuses on Power Pivot. Excel provides Power Pivot to help students organize, manipulate, and report on their data in the best way possible. In this course, students gain a solid understanding of Power Pivot to maximize their effectiveness when analyzing data.
Take control of your data with Microsoft Access relational database software training at LeapFox Learning. Our courses will teach you basic to advanced features of Access.
Microsoft Excel is the standard spreadsheet application for both the business world and personal use, LeapFox Learning Excel training courses will help you and your employees learn how to make the best use of all it has to offer, from basic to advanced features.
Structured query language forms the basis of many custom-built and third-party applications, making it a critical component of IT expertise. Microsoft SQL Server training from LeapFox covers all aspects of Microsoft’s premier database system for all business sizes. Whether your focus is SQL Server administration, programming, or business intelligence and reporting, LeapFox has the training that is right for you and will fit your busy schedule.