Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
The main purpose of the course is to give students the ability to add BI techniques to Excel data analysis. The course goes beyond the capabilities of tables and charts and uses Pivot Charts, the Excel Data Model, and Power BI.
Course Length: 3 Days
Audience: Users who wish to add BI techniques to their data analysis.
What You're Going To Learn
- Explore and extend a classic Excel dashboard
- Explore and extend an Excel data model
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file
- Import data from a SQL Server database
- Import data from a report
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions
- Create data visualizations in Excel
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
Lesson 1: Data Analysis in Excel
- Classic Data Analysis with Excel
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Limitations of Classic Data Analysis
- Lab : Building a Classic Excel Dashboard
Lesson 2: The Excel Data Model
- Create Calculated Columns
- Format Data Model Data
- Create Measures
- Analyze the Data
- Lab : Explore an Excel Data Model
Lesson 3: Importing Data From Files
- Importing Data into Excel
- Shaping and Transforming Data
- Loading Data
- Lab : Importing Data from a CSV File
Lesson 4: Importing Data From Databases
- Available Data Sources
- Previewing, Shaping, and Transforming Data
- Table Relationships and Hierarchies
- Loading Data
- Lab : Import Data from Multiple Sour
Lesson 5: Importing Data From Excel Reports
- Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Transforming Excel report Data
- Lab : Importing Data from a Report
Lesson 6: Creating and Formatting Measures
- Advanced DAX Functions
- Lab : Creating Measures using Advanced DAX Functions
Lesson 7: Visualizing Data in Excel
- Pivot Charts
- Cube Functions
- Charts for Cube Functions
- Lab : Data Visualization in Excel
Leson 8: Using Excel with Power BI
- Power BI
- Uploading Excel Data to Power BI
- Power BI Mobile App
- Lab : Creating a Power BI Dashboard with Excel
What to Expect at LeapFox
This course builds upon the knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Office Excel® 2016: Part 1 course and helps start students down the road to creating advanced workbooks & worksheets that can help deepen their understanding.
This course builds off the knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Office Excel® 2016: Parts 1 & 2 courses to help you get the most of your Excel experience. This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prep for the exam.
This course focuses on Pivot Tables. Being able to harness the power of PivotTable features & create PivotCharts will help students gain an edge. Not only will students be able to summarize data to analyze, but they can organize the data in a way that can be meaningfully presented to others.
This course focuses on Power Pivot. Excel provides Power Pivot to help students organize, manipulate, and report on their data in the best way possible. In this course, students gain a solid understanding of Power Pivot to maximize their effectiveness when analyzing data.
Microsoft Excel is the standard spreadsheet application for both the business world and personal use, LeapFox Learning Excel training courses will help you and your employees learn how to make the best use of all it has to offer, from basic to advanced features.
Take control of your data with Microsoft Access relational database software training at LeapFox Learning. Our courses will teach you basic to advanced features of Access.
Microsoft Word is the standard document and word processing software for both the business world and personal use, and LeapFox Learning courses for Word will teach you basic to advanced features.
Structured query language forms the basis of many custom-built and third-party applications, making it a critical component of IT expertise. Microsoft SQL Server training from LeapFox covers all aspects of Microsoft’s premier database system for all business sizes. Whether your focus is SQL Server administration, programming, or business intelligence and reporting, LeapFox has the training that is right for you and will fit your busy schedule.