Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
Course Length: 2 days
Description: This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all individuals who will be evaluating Microsoft Azure, whether they are administrators, developers, or database administrators. This course also provides the prerequisite knowledge for students wishing to attend Course 20532D: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, or Course 20533D: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
This course will introduce students to the principles of cloud computing. Students will become familiar with how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course will explain how to implement the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, students will learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, and Azure SQL Database. The course will conclude by describing features of Azure AD and methods of integrating it with on-premises Active Directory.
Audience: This course is intended for individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and virtual machines (VMs) by using Azure. This includes:
- Developers who want to evaluate creating Azure solutions.
- Windows Server administrators who want to evaluate the migration of on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host websites and mobile app back-end services.
- Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host SQL databases.
What You're Going To Learn
- Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Use Azure PowerShell, the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK), and the Azure command-line interface (CLI) to manage Azure subscriptions.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Azure, and manage their disks.
- Create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure and deploy Azure platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services.
- Create and configure Azure virtual networks.
- Create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
- Use Azure SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases.
- Create and manage Azure AD.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
- What is cloud computing?
- What is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription management, support, and billing
- Lab : Using the Azure portals
Lesson 2: Microsoft Azure Management Tools
- What is Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure CLI
- Lab : Using Microsoft Azure management tools
Lesson 3: Virtual Machines in Microsoft Azure
- Creating and configuring VMs
- Configure disks
- Lab : Creating a VM in Azure
Lesson 4: Web Apps and Cloud Services
- Creating and configuring web apps
- Deploying and monitoring web apps
- Creating and deploying PaaS cloud services
- Lab : Web Apps and cloud services
Lesson 5: Creating and Configuring Virtual Networks
- Getting started with virtual networks
- Creating a virtual network
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancers
- Lab : Create a virtual network
Lesson 6: Cloud Storage
- Understanding cloud storage
- Create and manage storage
- Lab : Configure Azure Storage
Lesson 7: Microsoft Azure Databases
- Understanding options for relational database deployment
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
- Lab : Creating a SQL Database in Azure
Lesson 8: Creating and Managing Azure AD
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD authentication
- Lab : Create users in Azure Active Directory tenants