Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
Course Length: 3 days
Description: This course is intended for students who have experience building ASP.NET and C# applications. Students will also have experience with the Microsoft Azure platform and a basic understanding of the services offered. This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. This course focuses on the considerations necessary when building a highly available solution in the cloud. This course also prepares the students for the 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam.
Audience: The candidates targeted by this training have basic experience in implementing and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the development tools, techniques, and approaches used to build application solutions.
In addition to their professional experience, students must have experience working with the Azure platform. They will also have a general understanding of C# concepts for the lab scenario. Candidates experience can include:
- Compare the services available in the Azure platform
- Configure and deploy web applications
- Creating Azure Web Apps from the gallery
- Deploying and monitoring Azure Web Apps
- Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines
- Create and manage a storage account
- Manage blobs and containers in a storage account
- Create, configure, and connect to a SQL Databases instance
- Identify the implications of importing a SQL standalone database
- Manage users, groups, and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance
- Create a virtual network
- Implement a point-to-site network
What You're Going To Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Compare the services available in the Azure platform.
- Configure and deploy web applications.
- Creating Azure Web Apps from the gallery.
- Deploying and monitoring Azure Web Apps.
- Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines.
- Create and manage a storage account.
- Manage blobs and containers in a storage account.
- Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance.
- Identify the implications of importing a SQL standalone database.
- Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- Create a virtual network.
- Implement a point-to-site network.
Register for an Upcoming Date
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
1. Overview of the Microsoft Azure PlatformAzure Services
- Management Portals
2. Building Application Infrastructure in Azure
- Constructing Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Virtual Machine Workloads
- Migrating Azure Virtual Machine Instances
- Highly Available Azure Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Configuration Management
- Customizing Azure Virtual Machine Networking
3. Hosting Web Applications on the Azure Platform
- Host Web Applications in Azure
- Configure, Publish, and Manage Azure Websites
- Monitoring and Analyzing Running Azure Websites
4. Storing SQL Data in Azure
- Azure SQL Databases Overview
- Manage SQL Databases in Azure
- Use Azure SQL Databases with SQL Server Data Tools
- Migrate Data to Azure SQL Databases
5. Design Cloud Applications for Resiliency
- Application Design Practices for Highly Available Applications
- Build High Performance Applications using ASP.NET
- Common Cloud Application Patterns
- Cache Application Data
6. Storing Tabular Data in Azure
- Azure Storage Overview
- Azure Storage Tables Overview
- Table Entity Transactions
7. Storing and Consuming Files from Azure Storage
- Azure Storage Blobs
- Controlling Access to Storage Blobs and Containers
- Configure Azure Storage Accounts
- Azure Files
8. Designing a Communication Strategy Using Queues and Service Bus
- Azure Storage Queues
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Service Bus Queues
- Azure Service Bus Relay
- Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
9. Automate Integration with Azure Resources
- Azure SDK Client Libraries
- Scripting Azure Service Management Using PowerShell
- Azure REST Interface and Resource Manager
10. Securing Azure Web Applications
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Directories, AD Access Control Service, and AD Multi-Factor Authentication
Lab 1: Exploring the Azure Portal
Lab 2: Creating an Azure Virtual Machine for Development and Testing
Lab 3: Creating an ASP.NET Web App by Using Azure Web Apps
Lab 4: Storing Event Data in Azure SQL Databases
Lab 5: Storing Event Registration Data in Azure Storage Tables
Lab 6: Storing Generated Documents in Azure Storage Blobs
Lab 7: Using Queues and Service Bus to Manage Communication between Web Applications in Azure
Lab 8: Automating the Creation of Azure Assets using PowerShell
Lab 9: Integrating Azure Active Directory with the Events Administration