Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
Students will learn PowerPivot and Power View in Excel 2013 and how to surface the workbooks and visualizations using the Business Intelligence Center in SharePoint 2013.
Course Length: 2 days
Audience: This course is intended for analysts, business intelligence (BI) developers and IT professionals that will be involved with the design, development, and maintenance of Excel workbooks utilizing PowerPivot and Power View 2013 to be surfaced on SharePoint
Prerequisites: Students should have experience with Microsoft Excel
What You're Going To Learn
- Use PowerPivot 2013 in Excel.
- Work with DAX.
- Create Power View visualizations.
- Understand data models.
- Save to SharePoint.
- Surface on SharePoint.
- Work with the SharePoint Business Intelligence Center.
- Create dedicated apps in SharePoint for PowerPivot and Power View.
- Use PowerPivot within Excel to import a table from SQL Server.
- Use PowerPivot within Excel to import a table from SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Hide columns they don’t want reflected in the resulting PivotTable.
- View the relationships existing within the imported tables from SQL Server and then import an additional table and configure a relationship between it and the existing table.
- Create a PivotTable within an existing worksheet.
- Navigate and successfully use Power View.
- Create a table.
- Create a chart.
- Save and share their work.
- Create a BI semantic model.
- Explore the options and settings available within the new SharePoint 2013 Central Administration and Excel Services.
- Access and review the Secure Store.
- Create a new web application and business intelligence site while exploring the features of both.
- Create custom apps to store visualizations and/or workbooks in SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Center.
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- Course Materials
- What We’ll Be Discussing
- Lab 1: Course Overview
Lesson 2: PowerPivot
- What is a data model?
- PowerPivot and Excel
- New 2013 PowerPivot Features
- PowerPivot and SharePoint
- Enterprise Business Intelligence and PowerPivot
- Enriching Data
- Importing Data
- Refreshing Data
- Formatting Data
- Sorting and Filtering
- Creating Relationships
- SharePoint Sharing
- Lab 1: PowerPivot
Lesson 3: Power View
- New 2013 Power View Features
- Microsoft Power View User Interface
- Saving and Sharing
- BI Semantic Models
- Lab 1: Power View
Lesson 4: SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Center
- New 2013 SharePoint Central Administration
- New 2013 Business Intelligence Center
- Permissions and Roles
- Included Document Library and List Apps
- Create Custom Apps (Libraries) for Visualizations or Workbooks
- Create Custom Connection Apps (Libraries)
- Set Policies for Excel Services
- Lab 1: SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Center