Training for Your Group
This course is intended for Search Administrators, Site Collection Administrators and Site Owners who want to improve the end user search experience. It also covers the Standard and Enterprise Editions of SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 / SharePoint Online
Course Length: 3 Days
Audience: This course is intended for SharePoint Search Administrators. SharePoint Server Administrators. Anyone wanting to drive user efficiency and SharePoint adoption.
Prerequisites: Experience using Windows Operating Systems.
What You're Going To Learn
- Use both basic and advanced techniques to search SharePoint.
- Manage SharePoint 2013 Search from Central Administration.
- Manage Office 365 / SharePoint Online Search.
- Configure search from within sites.
- Understand and customize Search Schemas and Managed Properties.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Lesson 1: SharePoint 2013 Search and the Role of the Search Administrator
- Who is this class for?
- SharePoint 2013 versions
- Search Features by Edition
- Search Limitations
Lesson 2: Using Search as an End User
- Search FAQ
- Basic Search Techniques
- Files in Libraries vs. Files as Attachments
- Using Property Restrictions and Managed Properties
- Using Wildcards
- Using Search Verticals and Result Sources
- Search for People
- The Advanced Search Page
- Search Preferences
- The OneDrive Pro Query Box
- Lab 1: Using Search as an End User
Lesson 3: Search Administration – Part 1
- File Types
- Create and Deploy a Thesaurus
- Custom Entity Extraction
Lesson 4: Search Administration – Part 2
- Crawling Content
- Search Schemas, Crawled Properties and Managed Properties
- Working with the “unused” default Managed Properties
- Working with Result Sources
- Query Suggestions
- Spelling Suggestions
- Company Name Extraction
- Authoritative Pages
- Query Rules
- Result Removal
- Hiding Lists, Libraries, and Sites from Search
- Lab 1: Search Administration – Part 2
Lesson 5: Customizing Search and Search Results Web Pages
- Out of the Box Pages and Site Templates
- Customizing Search Verticals
- Creating a Custom Search Vertical
- The Query Builder
- Customizing Search Pages
- Customizing the Advanced Search Page
- Working with the Search Web Parts
- Customize Search Result Types
- Lab 1: Customizing Search and Search Results Web Pages
Lesson 6: Monitoring Search
- Search Reporting
- User Activity
- Search Driven Content Web Parts
- Web Services
- CSOM: Client Side Object Model