Training for Your Group
Training for Individuals
This course will introduce you to SQL and its use in writing queries, questions you ask of data in your database, to retrieve information from a database. You will learn about SQL and its basic keywords and phrases used to build statements that will get the data you need from a database. Target Audience: Any person with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and wants to use SQL to query databases.
Course Length: 1 Day
Prerequisites: Working Knowledge of Windows Operating System
Audience: Users with basic computer skills who want to use SQL to query databases
What You're Going To Learn
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize the data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Retrieve data from multiple tables.
- Export the results of a query.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Lesson 1: Executing a Simple Query
- Connect to the SQL Database
- Query a Database
- Save a Query
- Modify a Query
Lesson 2: Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using One or More Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and NULL Values
- Search Data Based on Patterns
Lesson 3: Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Manipulate String Values
Lesson 4: Organizing Data
- Sort Data
- Rank Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarize Grouped Data
- Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
Lesson 5: Retrieving Data from Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
Lesson 6: Exporting Query Results
- Generate a Text File
- Generate an XML File