Training for Your Group
This course will introduce you to SQL and its use in writing queries, questions you ask of data in your database, to retrieve information from a database. You will learn about SQL and its basic keywords and phrases used to build statements that will get the data you need from a database. Target Audience: Any person with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and wants to use SQL to query databases.
Course Length: 1 Day
Prerequisites: Working Knowledge of Windows Operating System
Audience: Users with basic computer skills who want to use SQL to query databases
What You're Going To Learn
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize the data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Retrieve data from multiple tables.
- Export the results of a query.
Lesson 1: Executing a Simple Query
- Connect to the SQL Database
- Query a Database
- Save a Query
- Modify a Query
Lesson 2: Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using One or More Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and NULL Values
- Search Data Based on Patterns
Lesson 3: Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Manipulate String Values
Lesson 4: Organizing Data
- Sort Data
- Rank Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarize Grouped Data
- Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
Lesson 5: Retrieving Data from Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
Lesson 6: Exporting Query Results
- Generate a Text File
- Generate an XML File