Training for Your Group
This course is aimed for those looking to expand their SQL knowledge beyond the basics of just SELECTING data, the main focus of the SQL Level 1: Introduction to Database Querying course. This course will focus on the SELECT statement in regards to advanced joins and sub queries, but it will mainly focus on “action” queries, queries that change data and create and structure tables and views. Target Audience: Students should have basic introductory SQL skills, basic computer skills, and be familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology.
Course Length: 1 Day
Prerequisites: SQL Level 1 or equivalent working knowledge
Audience: Users should have a working knowledge of SQL
What You're Going To Learn
- Use subqueries to generate query output.
- Manipulate table data by inserting, updating, and deleting records in a table.
- Manipulate the table structure.
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- Create indexes on table columns and drop inefficient indexes.
- Mark the beginning of a transaction, roll back a transaction, and commit a transaction
Register for an Upcoming Date
1: Using Subqueries to Perform Advanced Querying
- Search Based on Unknown Values
- Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
- Perform Multiple-Level Subqueries
2: Manipulating Table Data
- Insert Data
- Modify and Delete Data
3: Manipulating the Table Structure
- Create a Table
- Create a Table with Constraints
- Modify a Table’s Structure
- Back Up Tables
- Delete Tables
4: Working with Views
- Create a View
- Manipulate Data in Views
- Create Aliases
- Modify and Delete Views
5: Indexing Data
- Create Indexes
- Drop Indexes
6: Managing Transactions