Training for your Group
Course Length: 3 days
Description: This is a three-day Instructor Led Training (ILT) course that describes mobile device management (MDM) technologies and the integration of various online cloud services with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. This course focuses on both hybrid MDM using Microsoft Intune, and the on-premises MDM scenario. This course also covers integration with online services such as Microsoft Store for Business, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Azure.
Audience: This course is intended for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use the latest branch of Configuration Manager and Intune together to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications. The secondary audience for this course are individuals who are interested in taking Exam 70-703: “Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration.”
Prerequisites: Before attending this course, students must have system administrator–level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of PKI security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
- Basic understanding of management tasks using Configuration Manager.
What You're Going To Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the challenges in managing a mobile and Internet-based workforce and how Configuration Manager integrated with MDM and cloud services solutions can address these challenges.
- Describe and configure methods used to manage client devices that are located outside of the corporate network and connected to the Internet.
- Deploy and manage Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager.
- Deploy and manage Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager.
- Describe and configure a hybrid MDM scenario by using Configuration Manager and Intune.
- Enroll iOS, Android, and Windows-based devices in a hybrid Configuration Manager and Intune MDM solution.
- Describe and configure on-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager.
Register for an Upcoming Date
- Extending the Configuration Manager infrastructure to support Internet-based and mobile devices
- Managing a mobile and distributed workforce
- Integrating Configuration Manager with cloud services and Internet-based management solutions
- PKI requirements to support the Internet and MDM
- Expanding content availability by using cloud-based distribution points
- Lab: Preparing for cloud integration
- Activating an Azure trial subscription
- Configuring and enabling directory syncing
- Lab: Implementing PKI for Configuration Manager site systems and clients
- Creating certificate templates for Configuration Manager services
- Deploying certificates to Configuration Manager
- Lab: Configuring cloud-based distribution points
- Creating and exporting an Azure management certificate for cloud-based distribution points
- Setting up Azure and creating a cloud-based distribution point
- Managing clients on the Internet
- Methods for managing Internet-based clients
- Planning and implementing Internet-based client management
- Planning and implementing Cloud Management Gateway
- Lab: Configuring IBCM
- Configuring the Configuration Manager site systems to support IBCM
- Verify the client settings for IBCM
- Lab: Configuring Cloud Management Gateway for managing clients on the Internet
- Enabling the Cloud Management Gateway feature
- Creating and exporting the Azure management certificate for cloud-based distribution points
- Setting up the Cloud Management Gateway
- Managing Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
- Overview of Microsoft Store for Business
- Managing Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
- Lab: Microsoft Store for Business
- Signing up for Microsoft Store for Business
- Microsoft Store for Business
- Lab: Deploying Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
- Setting up syncing with Microsoft Store for Business
- Microsoft Store for Business apps
- Managing Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Deploying Office 365 client applications by using Configuration Manager
- Managing and updating an Office 365 client deploymentProPlus
- Lab: Office 365 for to support application deployment by using Configuration Manager
- Signing up for an Office 365 trial subscription
- Assigning Office 365 ProPlus licenses to users
- Modifying Office 365 ProPlus options for manual downloads
- Lab: Deploying and managing Office 365 client applications by using Configuration Manager
- Configuring infrastructure requirements to support
- Deploying the Office 365 ProPlus to client devices application
- Configuring software updates to support Office 365
- Mobile device management by using Configuration Manager
- Overview of mobile device management
- Configuring the Exchange Server connector for mobile device management
- Lab: Managing mobile devices by using the Exchange Server connector
- Configuringeing security permissions for Exchange integration
- Configuring the Exchange Server connector
- Managing mobile devices by using Configuration Manager
- Hybrid MDM with Configuration Manager and Intune
- Planning and preparing for hybrid MDM
- Configuring hybrid MDM with Configuration Manager and Intune
- Lab: Configuring hybrid MDM
- Validating and configuring prerequisites for Configuration Manager and Intune integration
- Adding the Intune subscription to Configuration Manager
- Adding terms and conditions for MDM users
- Device platform enrollment by using Configuration Manager MDM
- Enrolling Windows devices into MDM
- Enrolling Android devices into MDM
- Enrolling iOS devices into MDM
- Managing mobile devices in Configuration Manager
- Lab: Enrolling Windows devices into hybrid mobile device management (MDM) environment
- Enrolling Windows devices into a hybrid MDM environment
- Configuring automatic MDM enrollment for Windows 10 devicesEnabling
- Enrolling Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile devices into MDM
- Lab: Enrolling Android devices into a hybrid MDM environment
- Enabling Android enrollment for MDM by using Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune
- Enrolling an Android device into MDM
- Lab: Managing mobile devices in hybrid MDMPerforming
- Configuring compliance settings for devices enrolled into MDM
- Deploying and managing applications to devices enrolled into MDMfor
- Performing on-demand management on devices enrolled into MDM
- On-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager
- Overview of oOn-premises mobile device management
- Configuring oOn-premises MDM by using Configuration Manager
- Lab: Managing mobile devices with an oOn-premises infrastructure
- Configuring PKI for On-premises MDM
- Preparing Configuration Manager prerequisites for oOn-premises MDMmobile device management
- Enrolling a standalone Windows 10 devices for On-premises MDMas a mobile client