Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
Course Length: 3 days
Description: This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure and administer Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012. Students will learn the history of Virtualization as it pertains to Microsoft technologies. Students will learn the new features of Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012. After completing this course students will be able to install, configure, and administer Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012. Students will also be able to describe the High Availability features built into Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012.
Audience: This course is intended for Network Administrators who are responsible for virtualization in their environment specifically Hyper-V.
Prerequisites: Before attending this course, students must have:
- Deep understanding of Virtualization technologies
- Prior experience with Hyper-V or other virtualization technologies
- Previous storage configuration experience
- Previous networking configuration experience
What You're Going To Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Microsoft’s virtualization technologies.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Design and Manage virtual machine storage solutions.
- Design and Manage virtual networks.
- Design the Hyper-V host architecture.
- Design the virtual machine architecture.
- Design a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Virtualization Infrastructure.
- Describe and manage Hyper-V Snapshots
- Describe Hyper-V host and virtual machine high availability.
- Describe storage options for Virtual Machines.
- Describe the different types of virtual hard disks.
- Describe the Hyper-V integration services.
- Describe Live Migration.
- Understand Storage Migration.
- Understand Virtual Machine Import.
Register for an Upcoming Date
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
Lesson 1: Planning for Virtualization
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Assessment of Virtualization Candidates
- Planning for Virtualization
- Lab 1: Assessing the Environment for Virtualization
Lesson 2: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks
- Lab 1: Installing and Configuring the Hyper-V Server Role
Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks and Virtual Machines
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Machine Snapshots
- Virtual Machine Import
- Lab 1: Creating Virtual Hard Disks and Virtual Machines
Lesson 4: Configure Networking in Hyper-V
- Advanced features of Virtual Network Adapters
- Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Hyper-V Extensible Switch
- Lab 1: Configuring Network Settings
Lesson 5: Scale-up Virtual Machines
- Overview of Scale-up options in Windows Server 2012
- Non-uniform memory access (NUMA)
- Hyper-v Scale Comparison
- Lab 1: Configuring NUMA
Lesson 6: Hyper-V Replica and Disaster Recovery
- Overview of Hyper-V Replica
- Configuring Hyper-V Replica
- Hyper-V Replica Failover Operations
- Hyper-V Backup
- Lab 1: Configuring Hyper-V Replica and Backups
Lesson 7: Hyper-V Migration
- Live Migration Overview
- Storage Migration Overview
- Live Migration Security
- Live Migration using SMB
- Lab 1: Implementing Migration in Hyper-V