Training for your Group
This course provides the knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It can also assist you in preparing to take the CompTIA A+ examination, exam numbers 220-902, in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: Entry level IT technicians
What You're Going To Learn
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Full Course Outline: CompTIA A+ Part 2
- PC and Mobile Operating Systems
- PC Operating System Tools and Utilities
Lesson 2: Installing & Configuring Microsoft Windows
- Implement Client-Side Virtualization
- Install Microsoft Windows
- Use Microsoft Windows
- Configure Microsoft Windows
- Upgrade Microsoft Windows
Lesson 3: Optimizing & Maintaining Microsoft Windows
- Optimize Microsoft Windows
- Back Up and Restore System Data
- Perform Disk Maintenance
- Update Software
Lesson 4: Working With Other Operating Systems
- The OS X Operating System
- The Linux Operating System
Lesson 5: Networking & Security Fundamentals
- Network Types
- Network Components
- Common Network Services
- Cloud Concepts
- Security Fundamentals
Lesson 6: Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, & Controls
- Common Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- General Security Controls
- Mobile Security Controls
- Data Destruction and Disposal Methods
Lesson 7: Implementing Security Controls
- Secure Operating Systems
- Secure Workstations
- Secure SOHO Networks
- Secure Mobile Devices
Lesson 8: Troubleshooting System-Wide Issues
- Troubleshoot PC Operating Systems
- Troubleshoot Mobile Device Operating Systems and Applications
- Troubleshoot Wired and Wireless Networks
- Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
Lesson 9: Safety and Operational Procedures
- Basic Maintenance Tools and Techniques
- Personal and Electrical Safety
- Environmental Safety and Materials Handling
- Professionalism and Communication
- Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Troubleshooting Theory
What to Expect at LeapFox
In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs, digital devices, and operating systems.
In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-501).
In this course, students will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. This course will help the student prepare for the N10-006 exam and certification.
The LeapFox CompTIA course collection provides students with all of the specialized training and support for every current CompTIA certification. Whether you’re seeking CompTIA A+ training and certification, CompTIA Security+ training and certification, CompTIA Linux+ training, CompTIA Network+ training and certification, or training in any other CompTIA certification, LeapFox can help you reach your goals and achieve the level of certification you require to be successful.
Networks continue to evolve into a complex array of devices and systems. Cisco technologies are the worldwide authority in computer networking and have become the widespread choice to streamline and protect these networks. Because of this, Cisco training is becoming increasingly valuable.
At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud Platform vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure with features and enhancements in virtualization, management, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, the web and application platform, and more.