Training for your Group
Linux+ builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with the Linux operating system to present fundamental skills and concepts.
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: Advanced IT technicians
Prerequisites: A+ and Network+ Certifications We recommend you first take the following courses or have equivalent knowledge: UNIX and Linux: Fundamentals, UNIX and Linux: Advanced User
What You're Going To Learn
- Identify basic Linux concepts and perform basic Linux tasks.
- Manage user and group accounts.
- Manage partitions and the Linux filesystem.
- Manage various files in Linux.
- Work with Linux permissions and ownership.
- Print files.
- Manage packages.
- Manage kernel services.
- Work with the Bash shell and shell scripts.
- Manage jobs and processes.
- Manage system services.
- Configure network services.
- Configure basic Internet services.
- Implement measures to secure a Linux system.
- Manage hardware associated with Linux systems.
- Troubleshoot Linux system issues.
- Install the Linux operating system.
- Configure the GUI.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Full Course Outline: CompTIA Linux+ Certification
Lesson 1: Performing Basic Linux Tasks
- Identify the History and Development of Linux
- Enter Shell Commands
- Get Help Using Linux
- Start and Stop Linux
Lesson 2: Managing User and Group Accounts
- Create User and Group Accounts
- Configure User Profiles
- Administer User and Group Accounts
Lesson 3: Managing Partitions and the Linux Filesystem
- Create Partitions
- Navigate Through the Linux Filesystem
- Manage the Filesystem
- Maintain the Filesystem
Lesson 4: Managing Files In Linux
- Create and Edit Text Files
- Locate Files
- Search Text Using Regular Expressions
- Apply Filters to Text Streams
- Link Files
- Back Up and Restore Files
- Manage Databases Using MariaDB
Lesson 5: Managing Linux Permissions and Ownership
- Modify File and Directory Permissions
- Modify Default Permissions
- Modify File and Directory Ownership
- Set Special Permissions and Attributes
Lesson 6: Printing Files
- Configure a Local Printer
- Print Files
- Configure Remote Printing
Lesson 7: Managing Packages
- Manage Packages Using RPM
- Verify Packages
- Upgrade Packages
- Configure Repositories
- Manage Packages Using YUM
- Advanced Package and Application Management
Lesson 8: Managing Kernel Services
- Explore the Linux Kernel
- Customize Kernel Modules
- Create an initrd Image
- Manage Device Drivers and Hardware Devices
- Monitor Processes and Resources
Lesson 9: Working With the Bash Shell and Shell Scripts
- Perform Basic Bash Shell Operations
- Write a Bash Shell Script
- Customize the Bash Shell
- Redirect Standard Input and Output
- Use Control Statements in Shell Scripts
Lesson 10 – Managing Jobs and Processes
- Manage Jobs and Background Processes
- Manage Processes Using the Process Table
- Delay and Detach Jobs
- Schedule Jobs
- Maintain the System Time
Lesson 11: Managing System Services
- Configure System Services
- Monitor System Logs
- Configure Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux)
Lesson 12: Configuring Network Services
- Connect to a Network
- Configure Routes
- Configure Client Network Services
- Manage Remote Network Systems
Lesson 13: Configuring Basic Internet Services
- Configure Email Services
- Control Internet Services
Lesson 14: Securing Linux
- Implement Basic System Security
- Secure User Accounts
Lesson 15: Managing Hardware
- Identify Common Hardware Components and Resources
- Configure Removable Hardware
- Configure Disk Quotas
Lesson 16: Troubleshooting Linux Systems
- Troubleshoot System-Based Issues
- Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
- Troubleshoot Network Connection and Security Issues
Lesson 17: Installing Linux
- Prepare for Installation
- The Linux Boot Process
- Configure GRUB
- Install the Operating System
Lesson 18: Configuring the GUI
- Implement X
- Customize the Display Manager
- Enable Accessibility Settings in Linux
What to Expect at LeapFox
In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs, digital devices, and operating systems.
In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-501).
In this course, students will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. This course will help the student prepare for the N10-006 exam and certification.
The LeapFox CompTIA course collection provides students with all of the specialized training and support for every current CompTIA certification. Whether you’re seeking CompTIA A+ training and certification, CompTIA Security+ training and certification, CompTIA Linux+ training, CompTIA Network+ training and certification, or training in any other CompTIA certification, LeapFox can help you reach your goals and achieve the level of certification you require to be successful.
Networks continue to evolve into a complex array of devices and systems. Cisco technologies are the worldwide authority in computer networking and have become the widespread choice to streamline and protect these networks. Because of this, Cisco training is becoming increasingly valuable.
At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud Platform vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure with features and enhancements in virtualization, management, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, the web and application platform, and more.