Training for Your Group
This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to design and implement a BI infrastructure for enterprise data models and reports. The course discusses design, installation, and operations of a BI platform, including Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Microsoft SharePoint Server. The focus of this five-day instructor-led course is on creating managed enterprise BI solutions. It describes how to implement multidimensional and tabular data models, deliver reports with Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services, create dashboards with Microsoft SharePoint Server PerformancePoint Services, and discover business insights by using data mining.
Course Length: 5 Days
Audience: Database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions. Primary responsibilities include: Implementing analytical data models, such as OLAP cubes, implementing reports, and managing report delivery, creating business performance dashboards, supporting data mining and predictive analysis.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of writing T-SQL queries. Knowledge of basic relational database concepts.
What You're Going To Learn
- Learn to describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
- Learn to create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services.
- Learn to implement dimensions in a cube.
- Learn to implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
- Learn to use MDX Syntax.
- Learn to customize a cube.
- Learn to implement a Tabular Data Model in SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Learn to use DAX to enhance a tabular model.
- Learn to create reports with Reporting Services.
- Learn to enhance reports with charts and parameters.
- Learn to manage report execution and delivery.
- Learn to implement a dashboard in SharePoint Server with PerformancePoint Services.
- Learn to use Data Mining for Predictive Analysis.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- The Microsoft Enterprise BI Platform
- Lab: Exploring a BI Solution
Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Introduction to Multidimensional Analysis
- Creating Data Sources and Data Source Views
- Creating a Cube
- Overview of Cube Security
- Lab: Creating a Multidimensional Database
Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Configuring Dimensions
- Defining Attribute Hierarchies
- Sorting and Grouping Hierarchies
- Lab: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Working with Measures
- Working with Measure Groups
- Lab: Configuring Measures and Measure Groups
Introduction to MDX
- MDX Fundamentals
- Adding Calculations to a Cube
- Using MDX to Query a Cube
- Lab: Using MDX
Customizing Cube Functionality
- Implementing Key Performance Indicators
- Implementing Actions
- Implementing Perspectives
- Implementing Translations
- Lab: Customizing a Cube
Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Introduction to Tabular Data Models
- Creating a Tabular Data Model
- Using an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model in an Enterprise BI Solution
- Lab: Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
- DAX Fundamentals
- Using DAX to Create calculated Columns and Measures in a Tabular Data Model
- Lab: Creating Calculated Columns and Measures by using DAX
Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Introduction to Reporting Services
- Creating a Report with Report Designer
- Grouping and Aggregating Data in a Report
- Showing Data Graphically
- Filtering Reports Using Parameters
- Lab: Creating a Report with Report Designer
Automating Report Execution and Delivery
- Managing Report Security
- Managing Report Execution
- Delivering Reports with Subscriptions and Data Alerts
- Troubleshooting Reporting Services
- Lab: Implementing Report Subscriptions
Delivering BI with SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
- Lab: Implementing PerformancePoint Services
Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
- Overview of Data Mining
- Using the Data Mining Add-in for Excel
- Creating a Custom Data Mining Solution
- Validating a Data Mining Model
- Connecting to and Consuming Data Mining Data
- Lab: Using Data Mining to Support a Marketing Campaign