Training for your Group
This two-day course will introduce you to TFS’ foundational capabilities so that you can plan, track, and manage work while ensuring high-quality code in your next project.
Course Length: 2 days
Audience: This course is intended for anyone who uses Visual Studio to develop application as part of a team. Attendees should be comfortable using a current version of Windows and be able to read and understand C# code.
What You're Going To Learn
- Learn about Visual Studio 2017 editions and features.
- Compare TFS and Visual Studio Online (VSO).
- Plan and create team projects .
- Select an appropriate process template.
- Manage team projects using Team Explorer.
- Configure a team project for their team’s needs.
- Create, query, and manage work items.
- Use Team Web Access (TWA) as a TFS client.
- Use TWA’s Agile planning tools.
- Configure alerts and notifications.
- Collaborate with others inside a Team Room.
- Use Microsoft Office as TFS client.
- Create work item charts and reports.
- Visual Studio editions and ALM features
- Team projects and team project collections
- Configure security, team, areas, and iterations
- Plan, rename, and delete team projects
- Manage using Team Explorer and the web portal
- Set up and use TFS version control system
- Basic and advanced workflows
- Associate a work item during check-in
- Create labels and shelvesets
- Branch and merge code effectively
Work Items and Queries
- Create, link, query, and manage work items
- Chart, tag, and report work items
- Configure alerts and notifications
- web portal, MS Excel, and MS Project
Ensuring Code Quality
- Create, run, and refactor C# unit tests
- Calculate Code Coverage
- Use Code Metrics and Code/Code Clone Analysis
- Conduct a Code Review
Planning and Tracking Work
- Create and manage a product backlog
- Plan and track work during a sprint
- Use Agile backlog and Kanban board
- Execute and track work using the task board
Automating the Build Process
- Overview of the build system
- Create and queue a build
- Monitor and manage the build process
- Automate testing and other code quality checks