Training for Your Group
Training On Demand
This course is part three of a series of three courses. Through this series you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
You will learn the advanced configuration and services tasks needed to implement, manage, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure. You will cover advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), identity management, rights management, Federated services, network load balancing, failover clustering, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: System administrators and IT professionals looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
Prerequisites: Experience working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012 Enterprise environment. Experience implementing, managing, and configuring Active Directory and networking infrastructure
What You're Going to Learn
- Implement advanced network services.
- Implement advanced file services.
- Implement Dynamic Access Control.
- Implement network load balancing (NLB).
- Implement failover clustering.
- Implement failover clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implement disaster recovery.
- Implement distributed Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) deployments.
- Implement AD DS sites and replication.
- Implement Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
This Course is Available On Demand
90 Day Access
90 Day Subscription
180 Day Access
180 Day Subscription
180 Day Access +
180 Day Subscription
1. Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 Management
- Windows PowerShell
2. Active Directory Domain Services
- Domain Controllers
- Installing a Domain Controller
3. Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Managing User Accounts
- Managing Groups
- Managing Computer Accounts
- Delegating Administration
4. Automating Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) Administration
- Using Command-Line Tools for AD DS Administration
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS Administration
- Performing Bulk Operations with Windows PowerShell
5. Implementing IPv4
- IPv4 Addressing
- Subnettingand Supernetting
- Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv4
6. Implementing DHCP
- Overview of the DHCP Server Role
- Configuring DHCP Scopes
- Managing a DHCP Database
- Securing and Monitoring DHCP
7. Implementing DNS
- Name Resolution for Windows Client and Servers
- Installing a DNS Server
- ManagingDNS Zones
8. Implementing IPv6
- IPv6 Addressing
- Coexistence with IPv4
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
9. Implementing Local Storage
- Overview of Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Implementing Storage Spaces
10. Implementing File and Print Services
- Securing Files and Folders
- Protecting File Shares with Shadow Copies
- Configuring Network Printing
11. Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Group Policy
- Group Policy Processing
- Implementing a Central Store for Administrative Templates
12. Securing Windows Servers by Using Group Policy Objects
- Windows Security
- Configuring Security Settings
- Restricting Software
- Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
13. Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Virtualization Technologies
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks