Training for Your Group
This course is designed to help students prepare for the CCNA-Wireless certification, an associate level certification specializing in the wireless field. The WIFUND course and CCNA-Wireless certification is a prerequisite to the CCNP-Wireless curriculum.
Course Length: 5 Days
Audience: This course is designed for individuals who are involved in the technical management of Cisco wireless platforms and solutions, which involves installing, configuring, operating and troubleshooting. In this course, the target audience will be refereed to generically as “technicians”.
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of Cisco technologies.
What You're Going To Learn
- Understand the basic RF principles & characteristics.
- Understand WLAN security methods and access with differing client devices.
- Define the Cisco WLAN architecture and the underlying infrastructure used to support it.
- Implement a centralized wireless access networking using AireOS or IOS-XE wireless LAN controllers.
- Implement a converged wireless access network using IOS-XE wireless LAN controllers.
- Implement a converged wireless access network using IOS-XE converged access switches and wireless LAN controllers.
- Implement small and remote access wireless networks using FlexConnect, Autonomous, or Cloud architectures.
- Perform basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Describe the requirements for a WLAN design.
Register for an Upcoming Date
1 – Day 1
- Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Explain Wireless Fundamentals
- Lesson 2: Describe RF Principles
- Lesson 3: Understand RF Mathematics
- Discovery 1: Practice RF Math
- Lesson 4: Describe Antenna Characteristics
- Discovery 2: Calculate EIRP and Choose the Correct Antenna
- Lesson 5: Describe the Basics of Spread Spectrum
- Discovery 3: Explore the RF Spectrum
- Lesson 6: Describe Wireless Media Access
- Discovery 4: Analyze Wireless Frames
- Lesson 7: Describe Wireless Governance
2 – Day 2
- Lesson 1: Describe Wireless Security Components
- Lesson 2: Explain 802.11 Security
- Lesson 3: Explain 802.1X/EAP Framework
- Lesson 4: Describe EAP Authentication
- Lesson 5: Describe WPA and WPA2 Security
- Discovery 1: Review Centralized Authentication
- Lesson 6: Provide Guest Access
- Lesson 7: Native Operating Systems for WLAN Connectivity
- Lesson 8: Configure Smart Handheld Clients
- Hardware Lab 2: Configure Windows 7 Client Access
- Module 3: Define the Cisco Wireless Network Architecture
- Lesson 1: Define Cisco Wireless Network Deployment Options
- Lesson 2: Define One Management
- Lesson 3: Define One Policy
- Lesson 4: Define the Cisco One Network
- Lesson 5: Mobility Architecture Concepts
- Lesson 6: Optimize RF Conditions and Performance for Clients
- Lesson 7: Describe Layer 2 Infrastructure Support
- Lesson 8: Describe Protocols Used in Wired Infrastructure to Support Wireless
- Hardware Lab 3: Configuring the Wired Infrastructure
3 – Day 3
- Lesson 1: Initialize a Centralized WLC
- Lesson 2: Describe AP Initialization
- Discovery 1: Initialize a Centralized WLAN Deployment
- Lesson 3: Explore Additional WLC Features
- Lesson 4: Implement IPv6 in a Cisco Wireless Environment
- Lesson 5: Configure Client Access
- Lesson 6: Implement Roaming in the Centralized Architecture
- Hardware Lab 4-1: Initialize a Centralized WLAN Deployment
- Hardware Lab 4-2: Configure IPv6 Operation in a Centralized WLAN Deployment
- Hardware Lab 4-3: Configure Security in a Centralized WLAN Deployment
- Hardware Lab 4-4: Configure Guest Access Using the Anchor WLC
4 – Day 4 Part 1
- Lesson 1: Initialize a Converged WCM
- Lesson 2: Describe AP Connectivity
- Lesson 3: Explore Additional Wireless Features
- Lesson 4: Configure Client Access
- Lesson 5: Implement Roaming in the Converged Architecture
- Hardware Lab 5-1: Initialize a Converged WLAN Deployment
- Hardware Lab 5-2: Configure Security on a Converged WLAN Deployment
5 – Day 4 Part 2
- Lesson 1: Overview of the FlexConnect Architecture
- Hardware Lab 6-1: Implement a FlexConnect WLAN Deployment
- Lesson 2: Overview of the Autonomous Architecture
- Hardware Lab 6-2: Initialize an Autonomous WLAN Deployment
- Hardware Lab 6-3: Configure Security on an Autonomous AP WLAN Deployment
- Lesson 3: Overview of the Cloud Architecture
- Hardware Lab 6-4: Configure Security on an Cloud WLAN Deployment
6 – Day 5 Part 1
- Lesson 1: Describe Wireless Maintenance
- Lesson 2: Explain Troubleshooting Tools
- Lesson 3: Describe Troubleshooting Methodology
- Hardware Lab 7-1: Perform Centralized Controller Maintenance
- Hardware Lab 7-2: Perform WiFi Scanning
- Hardware Lab 7-3: Challenge – Resolve Various Trouble Tickets
7 – Day 5 Part 2
- Lesson 1: Predictive WLAN Design Process
- Lesson 2: WLAN Site Survey Process
- Hardware Lab 8-1: Perform a Predictive WLAN Design
- Hardware Lab 8-2: Perform Passive Site Survey Analysis
- Wrap-up and Class Evaluation