Training for Your Group
This course is designed for information assurance professionals who perform job functions related to the development, operation, management, and enforcement of security capabilities for systems and networks.
Course Length: 5 Days
Audience: This course is designed for information assurance professionals who perform job functions related to the development, operation, management, and enforcement of security capabilities for systems and networks.
Prerequisites: 2+ years of experience in computer network security technology or a related field. You can obtain the level of skill and knowledge required by taking the following courses: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, and CompTIA Security+
What You're Going To Learn
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
- Create an information assurance lifecycle process.
- Analyze threats to computing and network environments.
- Design secure computing and network environments.
- Assess the security posture within a risk management framework.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence information.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Audit secure computing and network environments.
Register for an Upcoming Date
Lesson 1: Assessing Information Security Risk
- Identify the Importance of Risk Management
- Assess Risk
- Mitigate Risk
- Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
Lesson 2: Creating and Information Assurance Lifecycle Process
- Evaluate Information Assurance Lifecycle Models
- Align Information Security Operations to the Information Assurance Lifecycle
- Align Information Assurance and Compliance Regulations
Lesson 3: Analyzing Threats to Computing and Network Environments
- Identify Threat Analysis Models
- Assess the Impact of Reconnaissance Incidents
- Assess the Impact of Systems Hacking Attacks
- Assess the Impact of Malware
- Assess the Impact of Hijacking and Impersonation Attacks
- Assess the Impact of Denial of Service Incidents
- Assess the Impact of Threats to Mobile Infrastructure
- Assess the Impact of Threats to Cloud Infrastructures
Lesson 4: Designing Secure Computing and Network Environments
- Information Security Architecture Design Principles
- Design Access Control Mechanisms
- Design Cryptographic Security Controls
- Design Application Security
- Design Computing Systems Security
- Design Network Security
Lesson 5: Operating Secure Computing and Network Environments
- Implement Change Management in Security Operations
- Implement Monitoring in Security Operations
- Test and Evaluate Information Assurance Architectures
Lesson 6: Assessing the Security Posture Within a Risk Management Framework
- Deploy a Vulnerability Assessment and Management Platform
- Conduct Vulnerability Assessments
- Conduct Penetration Tests on Network Assets
- Analyze and Report Penetration Test Results
Lesson 7: Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence Information
- Deploy a Security Intelligence Collection and Analysis Platform
Lesson 8: Analyzing Cybersecurity Intelligence Information
- Analyze Security Intelligence to Address Incidents
- Incorporate Security Intelligence and Event Management
Lesson 9: Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Deploy an Incident Handling and Response Architecture
- Perform Real-Time Incident Handling Tasks
- Prepare for Forensic Investigation
Lesson 10: Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
- Create a Forensics Investigation Plan
- Securely Collect Electronic Evidence
- Identify the Who, Why, and How of an Incident
- Follow Up on the Results of an Investigation
Lesson 11: Computing and Network Environments
- Deploy a Systems and Processes Auditing Architecture
- Maintain a Deployable Audit Toolkit
- Perform Audits Geared Toward the Information Assurance Lifecycle