Training for your Group
This course focuses on the key tasks needed to become a full time Linux administrator and goes deeper into enterprise Linux administration including file systems and partitioning, logical volumes, SELinux, firewalling, and troubleshooting.
Course Length: 4 days
Audience: IT professionals who have attended Red Hat System Administration I and want the skills to be full-time enterprise Linux administrators and/or earn RHCSA certifications
Prerequisites: Red Hat System Administration I RHEL7 (RH124)
What You're Going To Learn
- Installation using Kickstart
- Managing filesystems and logical volumes
- Managing scheduled jobs
- Accessing network filesystems
- Managing SELinux
- Controlling firewalling
Register for an Upcoming Date
1 – AUTOMATE INSTALLATION WITH KICKSTART
- Automate the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with Kickstart
2 – USE REGULAR EXPRESSIONS WITH GREP
- Write regular expressions that, when partnered with grep, will allow you to quickly isolate or locate content within text files.
3 – CREATE AND EDIT TEXT FILES WITH VIM
- Introduce the vim text editor, with which you can open, edit, and save text files.
4 – SCHEDULE FUTURE LINUX TASKS
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
5 – MANAGE PRIORITY OF LINUX PROCESSES
- Influence the relative priorities at which Linux processes run.
6 – CONTROL ACCESS TO FILES WITH ACCESS CONTROL LISTS (ACL)
- Manage file security using POSIX access control lists.
7 – MANAGE SELINUX SECURITY
- Manage the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) behavior of a system to keep it secure in case of a network service compromise.
8 – CONNECT TO NETWORK-DEFINED USERS AND GROUPS
- Configure systems to use central identity management services.
9 – ADD DISKS, PARTITIONS, AND FILE SYSTEMS TO A LINUX SYSTEM
- Manage simple partitions and file systems.
10 – MANAGE LOGICAL VOLUME MANAGEMENT (LVM) STORAGE
- Manage logical volumes from the command line.
11 – ACCESS NETWORKED ATTACHED STORAGE WITH NETWORK FILE SYSTEM (NFS)
- Access (secure) NFS shares.
12 – ACCESS NETWORKED STORAGE WITH SMB
- Use autofs and the command line to mount and unmount SMB file systems.
13 – CONTROL AND TROUBLESHOOT THE RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX BOOT PROCESS
- Limit network communication with firewall, Configure a basic firewall.
14 – COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.