Training for your Group
This course is designed to provide you with the skills needed to be a successful project manager in today’s rapidly changing world. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the CompTIA® Project+® certification exam.
Course Length: 5 days
Audience: Individuals in various job roles who have a basic knowledge of project management, and who participate in small to medium scale projects.
What You're Going To Learn
- Identify the fundamentals of project management.
- Initiate a project.
- Create project plans, stakeholder strategies, and scope statement.
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure and activity lists.
- Develop project schedule and identify the critical path.
- Plan project costs.
- Create project staffing and quality management plans.
- Create an effective communication plan.
- Create a risk management plan, perform risk analysis, and develop a risk response plan.
- Plan project procurements.
- Develop change management and transition plans.
- Assemble and launch the project team to execute the plan.
- Execute the project procurement plan.
- Monitor and control project performance.
- Monitor and control project constraints.
- Monitor and control project risks.
- Monitor and control procurements.
- Perform project closure activities.
Full Course Outline: CompTIA Project+ Certification
Lesson 1: Defining Project Management Fundamentals
- Identify Project Management Basics
- Describe the Project Life Cycle
- Identify Organizational Influences on Project Management
- Define Agile Methodology
Lesson 2: Initiating the Project
- Identify the Project Selection Process
- Prepare a Project SOW
- Create a Project Charter
- Identify Project Stakeholders
Lesson 3: Planning the Project
- Identify Project Management Plan Components
- Determine Stakeholder Needs
- Create a Scope Statement
Lesson 4: Preparing to Develop the Project Schedule
- Develop a WBS
- Create an Activity List
- Identify the Relationships Between Activities
- Identify Resources
- Estimate Time
Lesson 5: Developing the Project Schedule
- Develop a Project Schedule
- Identify the Critical Path
- Optimize the Project Schedule
- Create a Schedule Baseline
Lesson 6: Planning Project Costs
- Estimate Project Costs
- Estimate the Cost Baseline
- Reconcile Funding and Costs
Lesson 7: Planning Human Resources and Quality Management
- Create a Human Resource Plan
- Create a Quality Management Plan
Lesson 8: Communicating During the Project
- Identify Communication Methods
- Create a Communications Management Plan
Lesson 9 : Planning for Risk
- Create a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Project Risks and Triggers
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
Lesson 10: Planning Project Procurements
- Collect Project Procurement Inputs
- Prepare a Procurement Management Plan
- Prepare Procurement Documents
Lesson 11: Planning for Change and Transitions
- Develop an Integrated Change Control System
- Develop a Transition Plan
Lesson 12: Executing the Project
- Direct the Project Execution
- Execute a Quality Assurance Plan
- Assemble the Project Team Develop the Project Team
- Manage the Project Team
- Distribute Project Information
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
Lesson 13: Executing the Procurement Plan
- Obtain Responses from Vendors
- Select Project Vendors
Lesson 14: Monitoring and Controlling Project Performance
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Manage Project Changes
- Report Project Performance
Lesson 15: Monitoring and Controlling Project Constraints
- Control Project Scope
- Control Project Schedule
- Control Project Costs
- Manage Project Quality
Lesson 16: Monitoring and Controlling Project Risks
- Monitor and Control Project Risks
Lesson 17: Monitoring and Controlling Procurements
- Monitor and Control Vendors and Procurements
- Handling Legal Issues
Lesson 18: Closing the Project
- Deliver the Final Product
- Close Project Procurements
- Close a Project
What to Expect at LeapFox
In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs, digital devices, and operating systems.
In this course, students will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. Students will prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination (SY0-501).
In this course, students will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. This course will help the student prepare for the N10-006 exam and certification.
The LeapFox CompTIA course collection provides students with all of the specialized training and support for every current CompTIA certification. Whether you’re seeking CompTIA A+ training and certification, CompTIA Security+ training and certification, CompTIA Linux+ training, CompTIA Network+ training and certification, or training in any other CompTIA certification, LeapFox can help you reach your goals and achieve the level of certification you require to be successful.
Networks continue to evolve into a complex array of devices and systems. Cisco technologies are the worldwide authority in computer networking and have become the widespread choice to streamline and protect these networks. Because of this, Cisco training is becoming increasingly valuable.
At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud Platform vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure with features and enhancements in virtualization, management, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, the web and application platform, and more.